Re: [ASCOM] ANN ASCOM Platform 2.1 RC

  • C. Faranda
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
      Hi Bob,

      The installer worked fine for me on Win2K SP3. The fixes discussed over the
      week appear to be there too.

      FYI: I did notice that the AstroOptik driver returns a Run-time 91 error.
      The problem appears to be with the:

      Private Sub Form_Load()
      Dim port As Long
      Dim buf As String

      ***buf = m_Profile.GetValue(m_DriverID, "COM Port")**

      Chuck

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
        Chuck --

        Whoo-ee!! Good catch! And were you just testing various drivers? If so, it
        is MUCH appreciated!!!!

        I figured out the problem and will let Philipp Keller know about it. The
        change is in the implementation of Telescope.SetupDialog:

        Set frmSetup.m_Profile = TelescopeProfile
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

        It will be fixed in the final Platform 2.1.

        -- Bob
      • C. Faranda
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
          Bob,

          Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn the
          logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
          Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

          Chuck

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
            Ye of little faith... You can do it!!!

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
              We'll see..... I have been able to get Maxim to see it as a focuser, and I
              can actually hit the relays. What I'm not sure is possible is can it been
              seen as a telescope? If the answer to that is yes then I presume I can
              select "telescope" from Maxim's guider setup and move the scope that way to
              guide?

              Chuck

              > > Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn the
              > > logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
              > > Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

            • Steven S Tuma
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
                Bob,

                I am playing with the scope simulator tonight and I was wondering if you
                can speed it up (or have an option to adjust the speed) when you do a
                slew. It seems to take significantly longer than when I have my scope
                connected. Also, on the scope setup, the link for more info doesn't
                work when I click the ASCOM logo.

                Thanks

                Steve

                > Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn
                the
                > logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
                > Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
                  Steve --

                  Due to very tight time pressures (like I'm 2 days late already) for
                  SPACE.COM I can't make that change (speed adjustment). However, you do have
                  the VB source and shold be able to figure out where the slew simulation
                  timing is located and change it.

                  I'll do this next version.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
                    OK I got a reprieve! They aren't going to complete testing 2.1 till
                    Tuesday. I have completed adding a slew rate slider to the simulator. It
                    ranges from 1 deg per sec to 10 deg per sec max rate. The current simulator
                    is fixed at 2 deg/sec. So the new one will be able to go 5 times as fast.

                    -- Bob

                    Steven S Tuma:> Bob,

                    > I am playing with the scope simulator tonight and I was wondering if you
                    > can speed it up (or have an option to adjust the speed) when you do a
                    > slew. It seems to take significantly longer than when I have my scope
                    > connected. Also, on the scope setup, the link for more info doesn't
                    > work when I click the ASCOM logo.

                    Bob Denny:> Steve --