Alpha 4 Install Issue - How to Reproduce

  • Peter Simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi Bob,

      I had the same experience at work as I did at home wrt the components
      aparently not installing properly. I can reporduce the problem by
      uninstalling alpha 4 then installing the 4.1 platform, then installing
      Alpha 3 and finally Alpha 4.

      Visual Studio started OK but when I created a Local Server project VS
      locked up after I pressed OK on the template screen and after about 30
      seconds my incredibly stable work PC shut down and rebooted itself!

      After the reboot I could create the local server and add a VB telescope
      to the solution but the component paths were broken per the original
      Alpha 4 install.

      Hopefully this recipie will help you reproduce the problem - I'd be
      inclined to try it on a "spare" PC though :)

      Regards, Peter