RE: [ASCOM] chagrined and stumped

  • Brewster, Jon A (TDO - Displays)
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      Hi Mel,

      Interesting – for us at work, VS2005 out of the box on the VB side works as I mentioned… Mel Bartels

      You seem to say that you can open two edit windows on the same file.  Doing so in my IDE results in a return to the first window.  Any chance you’re opening a second IDE?

      This is the old VB6 visual tool set.  Only one copy of the design tool is up.  the second window is a window within the single instance of Visual Basic tool.

      I found a fix, but its only a partial victory.  I took the .vbg and .vbp's from a backup and copied them into my src directory.  Everything's good.  But I still can't figure out how one would get this fine behavior from scratch.

      To see the desired behavior you can look at the Meade driver in the ASCOM telescope src.  Bring up the .vbg, click up a file within the IDE (say Common.bas) from the Meade project, attempt to click up the same file from the MeadeEx project.  You will be denied, as you should be.

      Or we can let this rest since I've recovered my proper functionality :-)

      Thanks tons.  Take care.

      Jon