Re: Newbie Question - chooser seeing my driver

  • robert_brewington
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2006
      Aha! I found the missing piece of information - how does focusmax (or
      any other program) know to use my dll? For other Dummies / Newbies
      like myself, here it is:

      Apparently, when I create a dll file, I need to register in using the
      Windows utility program

      regsvr32 /s MyLittle.dll

      The /s flag says to register is silently; there doesn't seem to be a
      "noisy" flag which tells you it actually worked.

      I can also unregister with a /u flag.

      I assume this covers the issue of "your dll must be correctly
      registered as a COM object", as mentioned by Mr. Long.

      Thanks,
      brew

      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "robert_brewington"

      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2006
        > I assume this covers the issue of "your dll must be correctly
        > registered as a COM object", as mentioned by Mr. Long.

        Righto! Wow, you're living on the edge... developing a driver remotely!! I just
        did this for COMSOFT PC-TCS (combined Dome, Telescope and Focuser in one driver
        exe). What fun. At least I had a working Telescope driver (ACL Telescope) to
        start from!