Problem updating certificate

  • les_allwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2010
      I'm running tqslcert version 1.12.0.0 (the unofficial latest).

      One of my certificates is due to expire within the next few weeks, so I tried to renew it.

      I ran tqslcert and selected the relevant certificate. I then clicked on "certificate" and "Renew certificate". At that point I got an error message (offset: 0000cc79) and everything stops with a "sorry for any inconvenieince" message.

      I've tried several times, and with another certificate selected, but the result is always the same. I have tried shutting down the computer and restarting.

      I am using Windows XP (5.1.2600 fully up-to-date) as an operating system. Tqsl itself works fine, and logs are successfully loaded to LOTW.

      Has anybody else encountered this problem? What is the solution?

      All suggestions and advice gratefully received.

      73 de Les, G3VQO
    • Les Allwood
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
        Well, I've sorted out the problem. I have no idea what caused it though.

        First, I uninstalled TrustedQSL, then tried reinstalling. That failed with warnings of missing files. I then deleted the entire folder in Program Files, and started over, completely reinstalling everything. That worked without problems, and all functions are now working fine.

        I had been apprehensive about completely deleting TrustedQSL as I wondered if my certificates would be affected. I had, of course, made back-ups, but it was still a concern. I was extremely relieved to see all my certificates there when I started the reinstalled tqsl.

        If only I knew what had caused the fault so I can avoid doing it again.

        Computers, eh?

        73 de Les, G3VQO

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2010
          On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 05:04, Les Allwood <g3vqo@...> wrote: