Re: [ARRL-LOTW] It Seems To Me....

  • Ruben Echevarria
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 5 4:26 PM
      Sorry but I happen to be a proud member of the ARRL and I do think LOTW has too many hoops and hurdles, but keep shaking
      your head maybe it'll fall back into place. Some people just never have anything good to say.

      Ruben Echevarria KA2HHB
      070 Club#861 LONP#141
      30MDG#1148 10-10#33308

      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 5 6:37 PM
        Jerry said the following, On 6/5/2010 6:53 PM:

        > As a former QSL Manager in the 80's, I received quite a few IRCs
        > and green stamps to help with postage.

        And I see the point. However, if I "needed" a QSL manager, I'd
        personally expect to pay the chap the defray the costs. Heck, I asked
        for a QSL manager ... why would I expect every other ham to pay for the
        fact I was too (a) (B) (C) or (D) to print/write/mail my own?

        DX-peditions not included ... different story ...

        However, your comment about being in a spot with 600 licensed hams is a
        valid point. Very valid. And I hadn't looked at it that way.

        1000 hams contact contact a single ham in a single, recognized "Country"
        .. there is only one ham there. (As an example)

        He gets 5000 cards, many, many from a single area. Should he bring in
        10,000 US$? For a single event? .. is this non-commercial , good natured
        Ham Radio?

        Tough question. I lean to answering that it stinks. Others may not.
      • F.R. Ashley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 5 8:54 PM

          I still shake my head in amusement at those who think setting up LoTW is difficult, or "too many hoops", lmao.  It's no more difficult than setting up DXLab components.. LoTW is incredibly simple to download and use... but since it's run by the ARRL, that automatically makes it difficult, unfriendly, etc...

          73 have fun struggling with LoTW and the mouse clicks.
          Buddy WB4M

        • AB2ZY
          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 6 8:53 AM
            Heh.

            I've experienced a number of DX stations that don't list that they are LoTW capable. I send them a card and $2. I then get a confirmation by LoTW and no card.

            Al
            AB2ZY