RE: [ARRL-LOTW] DXCC Query Quirk

  • N4DW - Dave
    Message 1 of 9 , May 11 10:09 AM
    • w8jmf
      Message 2 of 9 , May 11 10:16 AM
        You cannot uncheck it with a DXCC entity selected, it's grayed out.

        DXCC entities only exist for confirmed QSOs. You don't upload the other sides entity, it must come from them.

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "N4DW - Dave" <n4dw@...> wrote:

        > Before you "Submit Query Form", uncheck the "Show Confirmed QSO's Only"
        > box (just above the "DXCC Entity" dropdown).
        >
        > The "Show Confirmed QSO's Only" box is checked by default.
        >
        > Dave
        > N4DW

      • wringmaster2002
        Message 3 of 9 , May 11 10:18 AM
          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "N4DW - Dave" <n4dw@...> wrote:

          > Before you "Submit Query Form", uncheck the "Show Confirmed QSO's Only"
          > box (just above the "DXCC Entity" dropdown).
          >
          > The "Show Confirmed QSO's Only" box is checked by default.
          >
          > Dave
          > N4DW

          Tried that but it doesn't work. JMF John must be right and that makes sense. Country code of the station worked is not entered on the upload.

          Thanks guys,

          73 de Eric, KG6MZS
        • w8jmf
          Message 4 of 9 , May 11 10:23 AM
            Eric,

            To get what I think you are after the best you can do is use wildcard searches for the callsigns. Sometimes you have to use several to cover the possibilities for some entities.

            73, John

            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, wringmaster2002 <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > Tried that but it doesn't work. JMF John must be right and that makes sense. Country code of the station worked is not entered on the upload.
            >
            > Thanks guys,
            >
            > 73 de Eric, KG6MZS

          • wringmaster2002
            Message 5 of 9 , May 11 10:39 AM
              Hi John;

              No, weird situation here – I am on vacation at the YL's place in Northern New Mexico and I was filling in the "Biggest Pileup You Ever Busted" part of eHam's profile and wanted the call of a Mauritius station that I worked. I didn't know the call. At home I could've just searched my log for Mauritius but here, no. It's no big deal but thanks for the response.

              73 de Eric, KG6MZS

              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w8jmf" <w8jmf@...> wrote:

              > Eric,
              >
              > To get what I think you are after the best you can do is use wildcard searches for the callsigns. Sometimes you have to use several to cover the possibilities for some entities.
              >
              > 73, John
            • w8jmf
              Message 6 of 9 , May 11 12:29 PM
                OK, you might try 3B8* in the call sign box on the query page to see what you've submitted?

                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, wringmaster2002 <no_reply@...> wrote:

                > Hi John;
                >
                > No, weird situation here – I am on vacation at the YL's place in Northern New Mexico and I was filling in the "Biggest Pileup You Ever Busted" part of eHam's profile and wanted the call of a Mauritius station that I worked. I didn't know the call. At home I could've just searched my log for Mauritius but here, no. It's no big deal but thanks for the response.
                >
                > 73 de Eric, KG6MZS
                >
                > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w8jmf" <w8jmf@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Eric,
                > >
                > > To get what I think you are after the best you can do is use wildcard searches for the callsigns. Sometimes you have to use several to cover the possibilities for some entities.
                > >
                > > 73, John

              • wringmaster2002
                Message 7 of 9 , May 11 12:47 PM
                  John;