Re: WHAT'S UR EARLIEST LOTW QSL

  • w8jmf
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2010
      My earliest from Novice days:

      KA8SIO Y24GE 1988-09-28 15:58:00 10M SSB 28.425 GERMAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC (DELETED)

      Was nice to receive saving me from having to send card to HQ since field checker cannot process. Wish I could get some other deleted entities to match. No matches on CW QSOs from before the Novice enhancement... (yet, that is). 73, John

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "FireBrick" <w9ol@...> wrote:

      > I see that my earliest LoTW qsl is with my call of WA9VOL
      >
      > With 3V8NC on July 28, 1969.
      >
      > I haven't received any LoTW qsls for my Novice Call of WN9VOL.
      > June 67 to May 68
      > I worked only 700 qsos during that time.
      > But someone out there must have me in their log. LOL

      > Whoever decided to limit taglines to a single line can kiss my
      >
      > TOWER/WEBCAMS and Weather Page
      > Weather DATA @ http://hhweather.webhop.org
      > Webcams @ http://71.57.45.48:8080/

    • Robert F
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2010
        My earliest LoTW QSL is from 30 years ago, when I was a novice.

        Bob WK5X

        Station
        Call Sign N5ATT
        DXCC UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
        CQ Zone 4
        Grid EL29
        State TX
        County FORT BEND
        Worked Station
        Worked KA5HGW
        DXCC UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (291)
        CQ Zone 4
        State MS
        County WINSTON
        Date/Time 1980-01-19 02:24:00
        Mode CW (CW)
        Band 40M
        Frequency 7
        QSL 2007-12-14 20:58:20
        Record ID 55654046 Received: 2006-07-29 18:46:32

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w8jmf" <w8jmf@...> wrote:

        > My earliest from Novice days:
        >
        > KA8SIO Y24GE 1988-09-28 15:58:00 10M SSB 28.425 GERMAN DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC (DELETED)
        >
        > Was nice to receive saving me from having to send card to HQ since field checker cannot process. Wish I could get some other deleted entities to match. No matches on CW QSOs from before the Novice enhancement... (yet, that is). 73, John
        >
        > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "FireBrick" <w9ol@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I see that my earliest LoTW qsl is with my call of WA9VOL
        > >
        > > With 3V8NC on July 28, 1969.
        > >
        > > I haven't received any LoTW qsls for my Novice Call of WN9VOL.
        > > June 67 to May 68
        > > I worked only 700 qsos during that time.
        > > But someone out there must have me in their log. LOL

        > > Whoever decided to limit taglines to a single line can kiss my
        > >
        > > TOWER/WEBCAMS and Weather Page
        > > Weather DATA @ http://hhweather.webhop.org
        > > Webcams @ http://71.57.45.48:8080/

      • F.R. Ashley
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2010
          My earliest LoTW QSL is with the very first person I ever worked - in July 1978, so that is 32 years ago.   Can't get any older than the first QSO!

          73 Buddy WB4M

          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2010
            On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 13:54, F.R. Ashley <gdadx2@...> wrote:

            > My earliest LoTW QSL is with the very first person I ever worked - in July 1978, so that is 32 years ago.   Can't get any older than the first QSO!

            Don't suppose you can!

            I made a bunch of CW contacts in 1993 and 1994 trying to get my speed
            up to get General. None have ever been matched, even from the 1994
            November SS. The next big bunch were from the 1998 ARRL 10-m Contest
            (droop-ended dipole over a 2nd floor apt balcony). There, I've got
            matches, the oldest being N3HBX 1998-12-12 17:33:04.

          • Charlie Gallo
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2010
              On 5/2/2010 F.R. Ashley wrote:

              > My earliest LoTW QSL is with the very first person I ever worked

              Ditto - IK1YMF 2004-03-09 14:37 17m ssb

              --
              73 de KG2V

              "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
              pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
              a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
              it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
              and to provide new Guards for their future security."

              My Website: http://www.thegallos.com
              My Blog: http://kg2v.blogspot.com

              Ox2B | ~0x2B
            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2010
                March 28, 1978  10m  CW with TI2LA.   Think I was still a Tech/Novice at the time.

                Jerry  N9AVY

                > My earliest LoTW QSL is with the very first person I ever worked

                Ditto - IK1YMF 2004-03-09 14:37 17m ssb

                --
                73 de KG2V

                "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
                pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
                a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
                it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
                and to provide new Guards for their future security."

                My Website: http://www.thegallo s.com
                My Blog: http://kg2v. blogspot. com

                Ox2B | ~0x2B

              • w4lde
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2010
                  After I went back and spent several days importing old logs as far back as 7-1-1957 and uploading I received a QSL via LOTW back to 06-01-1961 from K4CIA.  I don't think many hams have imported their old log books since the rate of return is less than 3% before 1990 and up wards of 15% since then.

                  73 de
                  Ron W4LDE

                  On 5/2/2010 4:06 PM, Jerry wrote:

                  March 28, 1978  10m  CW with TI2LA.   Think I was still a Tech/Novice at the time.

                  Jerry  N9AVY

                  > My earliest LoTW QSL is with the very first person I ever worked

                  Ditto - IK1YMF 2004-03-09 14:37 17m ssb

                  --
                  73 de KG2V

                  "But when a long train of abuses and usurpations,
                  pursuing invariably the same Object evinces
                  a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism,
                  it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government,
                  and to provide new Guards for their future security."

                  My Website: http://www.thegallo s.com
                  My Blog: http://kg2v. blogspot. com

                  Ox2B | ~0x2B

                • Jim McHale
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3, 2010
                    My earliest is WN8ODW when we were both novices back on 4/26/73 40m cw..
                    -NM1W