Re: [ARRL-LOTW] reinstalling LOTW after crash

  • Gerry Hohn
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 31, 2004

      Just to be clear, on your OLD system.

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2004 6:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] reinstalling LOTW after crash

      Tony,

      On a WIN98SE system, these files are in C:\Windows\Application data\TRUSTEDQSL.

      Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
      DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
      (403) 251-0384
      ve6lb@...
      http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004

        Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I want to especially thank K4IK who talked me through moving LOTW from a WIN98SE pc to a WIN2000PRO pc. It works fine. Just made a submission.

        Now that I have all of my recent QSO’s and recent DXPediiton logs uploaded, I have some questions on what you do with it.

        -          What’s the best way to check if a needed band/mode QSL is there for you?

        -          What do you do with this info?

        -          How do you get credit for DXCC?

        -          Is there a way to download the confirmed QSL info into a program like DXBase without having to go through every page or QSO?

        -          How do you handle uploading QSO’s with calls like RAEM? That was the only call that was rejected for creating the tq8 file.

        Thanks again for the help

        N2TK, Tony

        2)  Select File -> Load Certificate File
        3)  Select PKCS#12 (.p12) certificate file
        4)  At the file dialog navigate to and select the .P12 file
            for your certificate (probably WB4MNK.p12)
        5)  enter the password you used to create the .p12 file
        6)  enter your private key

        Now your certificate should be reinstalled.

        7)  Start tQSL
        8)  select Station -> Add Location
        9)  follow the normal process to enter the data for your
            station location (grid square, ITUzone, Cqzone, etc.)
        10) Save the location

        Now you should be able to sign an ADIF normally.

        73,

           ... Joe, K4IK

      • r b
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
          You might want to look into a logging program put out
          by N3FJP. Costs less than $20.00, you can down loadit
          from the internet and it handles the LOTW upload and
          download of confirmed going as far to put sent and
          confirmed into your log.

          Randy
          AG8A

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cmhf5ki/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroup

          web/S=1705063108:HM/EXP=1075424208/A=1945637/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Def
          > ault?mqso=60178397&partid=4116732>
          >

          > _____

          > email to:

          > the Yahoo! Terms of

          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
        • Dave Bernstein
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2004
            DXKeeper tracks hardcopy, eQSL, and LotW confirmation status for each
            logged QSO. It will automatically download LotW QSLs, match them
            against logged QSOs, update confirmation status, and optionally
            update the logged QSO with additional information provided with the
            LotW QSL (e.g. US county, CQ zone, ITU zone). DXKeeper also provides
            reports that show progress by all three forms of confirmation, as
            well as DXCC progress (hardcopy + LotW).

            DXKeeper is free, and available via www.qsl.net/dxlab .

          • Art
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 4, 2004
              Randy, Thanks for the number to Wayne. I called him and he got me back on
              LOTW. Very nice person.

              73
              Art
              WB4MNK