Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Macintosh and Trusted QSL

    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 10, 2010
      On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:01, k6ham <k6ham@...> wrote:
      > I'm new to LoTW. I've been trying for several weeks to get Trusted QSL to work on my system. I'm using Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). Everything went smoothly as far as getting my certificate, but I had trouble saving the p12 certificate file. Eventually, I managed to get that step completed. However now I am unable to sign my logs. The TQSL program either hangs or crashes when saving the TQ8 signed file.
      >
      > Is anyone else using Trusted QSL on a Macintosh platform that has experienced this issue?

      Although I'm a Non-M$ person by trade and by habit, my radio PC is XP
      SP3. Naturally, it works fine and I know no one personally that uses
      it on Mac ... but Mac users HAVE posted here in the past.

      Incidentally, I've tried to poke the carcass that is the Trusted QSL
      project, but so far, it appears to really be dead. I posted some
      feature requests to the SourceForge site and only got a reply from
      another user not from any of the developers. I tried to join the
      YahooGroup that purports to support TQSL, but my request has gone
      unaccepted since before the New Year. The TrustedQSL.org DNS
      registration has long expired though some of the content is available
      via the Wayback Machine.

      You'd think the ARRL would take an interest in TrustedQSL since it's
      the only way you can sign logs for LoTW, but that doesn't appear to be
      the case.

    • wa9ysd
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 16, 2010
        I am having an on going issue with either the logging program or with TQSL version v1.11 unofficial 745. I cannot tell.

        When the logging program auto uploads my log data the windows are opened behind the logging program window and the pass word window as well. I cannot drag the front window away, I have to squeeze the sides of the mouse so the Mac shows what windows are open. Then I can select the password window to finish the upload.

        Jim K9TF