LOTW QUESTION

  • n3jnx
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hello Folks. Question about what to do if anything about my problem in LOTW. My computer crashed last month. I replaced the hard drive, reloaded everything including TQSL and TQSL Cert. I applied for and received my new certificate. Everything went together fine and works EXCEPT when I filled out the info in TQSL, I unknowingly filled in my grid square as FN-11x. I forgot to make it the 6 digit grid square. I see now in LOTW, since this happened, my QSL confirmations show for my grid [INVALID] FN-11X . Now I have 11 folks with my confirmations with a bad grid square for me. I've since corrected the grid square in TQSL and up-loaded the bad QSL's again. I still do not see the correct info in these 11 confirmations. What can or should be done now so these 11 confirmations have my correct grid info? Thank you.
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
        On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 09:23, n3jnx <n3jnx@...> wrote:
        > I unknowingly filled in my grid square as FN-11x.  I forgot to make it the 6 digit grid square. I see now in LOTW, since this happened, my QSL confirmations show for my grid [INVALID] FN-11X . Now I have 11 folks with my confirmations with a bad grid square for me. I've since corrected the grid square in TQSL and up-loaded the bad QSL's again. I still do not see the correct info in these 11 confirmations. What can or should be done now so these 11 confirmations have my correct grid info? Thank you.

        Interesting. Through experimentation (due to my screwing up) and from
        what I've seen here and elsewhere, I thought that "inconsequential"
        info just got updated when you uploaded the QSO again.

        By inconsequential, I mean CQZ/ITUZ/County/Grid. That's different
        from band, mode, etc - if you change those and reupload the QSO, LoTW
        considers that a different QSO and it will thus create a zombie,
        undeletable database records that can never be deleted, but still need
        to be stored and backed up by the sysadmin. But I digress.

        I know from fresh experience that a reuploaded QSO where the state had
        been omitted entirely the first time was simply updated with the state
        info (we just had a thread about this). I would have thought that a
        *change* in a field value as opposed to filling in a previously empty
        field would be handled the same way, but maybe not.

        Are you SURE the reuploaded QSOs had the corrected Grid?

      • n3jnx
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Peter Laws <plaws0@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 09:23, n3jnx <n3jnx@...> wrote:
          > > I unknowingly filled in my grid square as FN-11x.  I forgot to make it the 6 digit grid square. I see now in LOTW, since this happened, my QSL confirmations show for my grid [INVALID] FN-11X . Now I have 11 folks with my confirmations with a bad grid square for me. I've since corrected the grid square in TQSL and up-loaded the bad QSL's again. I still do not see the correct info in these 11 confirmations. What can or should be done now so these 11 confirmations have my correct grid info? Thank you.
          >

          > Interesting. Through experimentation (due to my screwing up) and from
          > what I've seen here and elsewhere, I thought that "inconsequential"
          > info just got updated when you uploaded the QSO again.
          >
          > By inconsequential, I mean CQZ/ITUZ/County/Grid. That's different
          > from band, mode, etc - if you change those and reupload the QSO, LoTW
          > considers that a different QSO and it will thus create a zombie,
          > undeletable database records that can never be deleted, but still need
          > to be stored and backed up by the sysadmin. But I digress.
          >
          > I know from fresh experience that a reuploaded QSO where the state had
          > been omitted entirely the first time was simply updated with the state
          > info (we just had a thread about this). I would have thought that a
          > *change* in a field value as opposed to filling in a previously empty
          > field would be handled the same way, but maybe not.
          >
          > Are you SURE the reuploaded QSOs had the corrected Grid?
          >

          > --

          My mistake ! I re-checked TQSL and it contained the wrong grid again. I was trying to enter FN-11xn but it MUST be entered with NO DASHES. After I corrected this and up-loaded my log again, the correct grid info is now in the confirmed QSL's.
          The grid field must be FN11xn, no spaces or dashes. Thanks for making me re-check TQSL. 73's

        • Robert Chudek - K0RC
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2009
            Well that's another item to add to the list of updates for tQSL... if it ever happens! That would be "data validation" to make certain what is entered is within the range of 32,400 Maidenhead Locator Squares as specified by the ARRL.

            I thought the tQSL was open-source. Is there anyone out there to take it on? (I don't have the skill set needed.)

            73 de Bob - KØRC in MN