PIA?

  • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
      I find these comments ammuzing.

      Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office?  Try to find anyone who even knows what they are.  I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore.  I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs.  The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.

      Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
      Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?

      A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble.  :-)

      W3IZ

      From: scottpa1960 [mailto:scottpa1960@...]

       however it appears any time I want to upload to LOTW, I must include the date to reflect the new location within PA. I find this to be a pain in the rear, >

      .

    • scottpa1960
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
        Norm,

        I see your point, and I agree LOTW is the way to go. I've been advocating LOTW for years now (read my qrz.com profile). In our world of automation, any time I go to upload new contacts to LOTW, I don't see the point in having to put in the date because when a confirmation is received, based on when the qso was made should know if it goes to my KN3A from my EN90 QTH or my FN10 QTH. I just find this inconvenient. I also praised your efforts both on and privately to help me. Sorry if it was taken personally against you.

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Fusaro, Norm W3IZ" <w3iz@...> wrote:

        > I find these comments ammuzing.
        >
        > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
        >
        > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
        > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
        >
        > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
        >
        > W3IZ
        >

        > ________________________________
        >
        > From: scottpa1960 [mailto:scottpa1960@...]
        >

        > however it appears any time I want to upload to LOTW, I must include the date to reflect the new location within PA. I find this to be a pain in the rear, >
        > >

        > .

      • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
          Not at all.  I have pretty thick skin.  It is not just LoTW but everything we touch.  Ever see someone complain about the cellular phone call being dropped.  It sure beats the heck out of a scummy pay phone and a roll of dimes.
          :-)

          I see your point, and I agree LOTW is the way to go. I've been advocating LOTW for years now (read my qrz.com profile). In our world of automation, any time I go to upload new contacts to LOTW, I don't see the point in having to put in the date because when a confirmation is received, based on when the qso was made should know if it goes to my KN3A from my EN90 QTH or my FN10 QTH. I just find this inconvenient. I also praised your efforts both on and privately to help me. Sorry if it was taken personally against you.

          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogrou ps.com, "Fusaro, Norm W3IZ" <w3iz@...> wrote:

          > I find these comments ammuzing.
          >
          > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
          >
          > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
          > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
          >
          > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
          >
          > W3IZ
          >

          > ____________ _________ _________ __
          >
          > From: scottpa1960 [mailto:scottpa1960 @...]
          >

          > however it appears any time I want to upload to LOTW, I must include the date to reflect the new location within PA. I find this to be a pain in the rear, >
          > >

          > .

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
            Hey ...  I used to make some pretty good coin off those pay phones.  Kids would stuff paper into coin returns and I'd pull paper out and get $2-3 almost every time. ... it paid for sending QSLs !

            Jerry  N9AVY

            Not at all.  I have pretty thick skin.  It is not just LoTW but everything we touch.  Ever see someone complain about the cellular phone call being dropped.  It sure beats the heck out of a scummy pay phone and a roll of dimes.
            :-)

            I see your point, and I agree LOTW is the way to go. I've been advocating LOTW for years now (read my qrz.com profile). In our world of automation, any time I go to upload new contacts to LOTW, I don't see the point in having to put in the date because when a confirmation is received, based on when the qso was made should know if it goes to my KN3A from my EN90 QTH or my FN10 QTH. I just find this inconvenient. I also praised your efforts both on and privately to help me. Sorry if it was taken personally against you.

            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogrou ps.com, "Fusaro, Norm W3IZ" <w3iz@...> wrote:

            > I find these comments ammuzing.
            >
            > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
            >
            > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
            > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
            >
            > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
            >
            > W3IZ
            >

            > ____________ _________ _________ __
            >
            > From: scottpa1960 [mailto:scottpa1960 @...]
            >

            > however it appears any time I want to upload to LOTW, I must include the date to reflect the new location within PA. I find this to be a pain in the rear, >
            > >

            > .

          • scottpa1960
            Message 5 of 18 , Sep 9, 2009
              Norm,

              I worked in a call center for Verizon Wireless for 2-1/2 years....oh the stories I could tell!

              73 Scott

              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Fusaro, Norm W3IZ" <w3iz@...> wrote:

              > Not at all. I have pretty thick skin. It is not just LoTW but everything we touch. Ever see someone complain about the cellular phone call being dropped. It sure beats the heck out of a scummy pay phone and a roll of dimes.
              > :-)
              >
              > ________________________________

            • Tony De Angelo
              Message 6 of 18 , Sep 10, 2009
                Norm and group

                I have had to had a lessons at the counter on several days on IRC issuing and exchange.

                At my branch I had 2 employees stand there and tell me "We don't sell them any more." Suggesting they look behind them in the file box where stamps are store for sale when not locked away.  They then needed the POS code since they attempted to scan the serial number on the back.

                One employee has told the new workers on the window to listen to what I tell them "He knows more then we do."

                According to PB22267 <http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2009/pb22267/pdf/pb22267.pdf>, released 2009.09.10, on page 11 the newNairobi model IRC New IRCs, Item 330800, bearing a denominated price of $2.10, go on sale nationwide September 10, 2009.

                Beijing 2 IRC will be sold until October 15, 2009.

                On Page 12

                Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the new IRC version (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                See Handbook F-101, Field Accounting Procedures,

                section 11-6.6 for additional information concerning IRCs.

                No I never worked for the USPS. Just a well informed consumer.

                73,
                Tony N2MFT
                DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker and VE Coordinator
                President
                Mid Florida DX Association W4FDX

                On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > I find these comments ammuzing.
                >
                > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
                >
                > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
                > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
                >
                > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
                >
                > W3IZ

              • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
                Message 7 of 18 , Sep 10, 2009

                  That is great information.

                  TNX

                  73,

                  Norm, W3IZ

                  I have had to had a lessons at the counter on several days on IRC issuing and exchange.

                  At my branch I had 2 employees stand there and tell me "We don't sell them any more." Suggesting they look behind them in the file box where stamps are store for sale when not locked away.  They then needed the POS code since they attempted to scan the serial number on the back.

                  One employee has told the new workers on the window to listen to what I tell them "He knows more then we do."

                  According to PB22267 <http://www.usps. com/cpim/ ftp/bulletin/ 2009/pb22267/ pdf/pb22267. pdf>, released 2009.09.10, on page 11 the new
                  Nairobi model IRC New IRCs, Item 330800, bearing a denominated price of $2.10, go on sale nationwide September 10, 2009.

                  Beijing 2 IRC will be sold until October 15, 2009.

                  On Page 12

                  Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the new IRC version (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                  See Handbook F-101, Field Accounting Procedures,

                  section 11-6.6 for additional information concerning IRCs.

                  No I never worked for the USPS. Just a well informed consumer.

                  73,
                  Tony N2MFT
                  DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker and VE Coordinator
                  President
                  Mid Florida DX Association W4FDX

                  On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogrou ps.com> wrote:

                  > I find these comments ammuzing.
                  >
                  > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try
                  to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.

                  > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not
                  PIA?
                  > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ
                  not PIA?

                  > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
                  >
                  > W3IZ

                • Alan Swinger
                  Message 8 of 18 , Sep 10, 2009

                    Folks - Have had the same experience in Charlottesville, VA w/ USPS employees - from whom I have purchased many IRCs in the last few years. I pursued the matter of when will the new version be issued with the District USPS in Richmond - Phone and e-mail - and they have no info on when/if the news ones will be out!!

                    Seems like we need an ARRL assist on this matter to get the info and save us some $$. I have also queried Bernis at Thde Weekly/Daily DX and QRZ.com - - with similar negative results!!!

                    Bill - can you help?

                    Best to all - Alan K9MBQ

                    I have had to had a lessons at the counter on several days on IRC issuing and exchange.

                    At my branch I had 2 employees stand there and tell me "We don't sell them any more." Suggesting they look behind them in the file box where stamps are store for sale when not locked away.  They then needed the POS code since they attempted to scan the serial number on the back.

                    One employee has told the new workers on the window to listen to what I tell them "He knows more then we do."

                    According to PB22267 <http://www.usps. com/cpim/ ftp/bulletin/ 2009/pb22267/ pdf/pb22267. pdf>, released 2009.09.10, on page 11 the new
                    Nairobi model IRC New IRCs, Item 330800, bearing a denominated price of $2.10, go on sale nationwide September 10, 2009.

                    Beijing 2 IRC will be sold until October 15, 2009.

                    On Page 12

                    Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the new IRC version (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                    See Handbook F-101, Field Accounting Procedures,

                    section 11-6.6 for additional information concerning IRCs.

                    No I never worked for the USPS. Just a well informed consumer.

                    73,
                    Tony N2MFT
                    DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker and VE Coordinator
                    President
                    Mid Florida DX Association W4FDX

                    On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogrou ps.com> wrote:

                    > I find these comments ammuzing.
                    >
                    > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
                    >
                    > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
                    > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
                    >
                    > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
                    >
                    > W3IZ

                  • Iain

                      I have had to had a lessons at the counter on several days on IRC issuing and exchange.

                      At my branch I had 2 employees stand there and tell me "We don't sell them any more." Suggesting they look behind them in the file box where stamps are store for sale when not locked away.  They then needed the POS code since they attempted to scan the serial number on the back.

                      One employee has told the new workers on the window to listen to what I tell them "He knows more then we do."

                      According to PB22267 <http://www.usps. com/cpim/ ftp/bulletin/ 2009/pb22267/ pdf/pb22267. pdf>, released 2009.09.10, on page 11 the new
                      Nairobi model IRC New IRCs, Item 330800, bearing a denominated price of $2.10, go on sale nationwide September 10, 2009.

                      Beijing 2 IRC will be sold until October 15, 2009.

                      On Page 12

                      Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the new IRC version (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                      See Handbook F-101, Field Accounting Procedures,

                      section 11-6.6 for additional information concerning IRCs.

                      No I never worked for the USPS. Just a well informed consumer.

                      73,
                      To ny N2MFT
                      DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker and VE Coordinator
                      President
                      Mid Florida DX Association W4FDX

                      On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:43 AM, <ARRL-LOTW@yahoogrou ps.com> wrote:

                      > I find these comments ammuzing.
                      >
                      > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
                      >
                      > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
                      > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
                      >
                      > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
                      >
                      > W3I Z

                      Virus Database (VPS): 090910-0, 10/09/2009
                      Tested on: 11/09/2009 12:41:45 p.m.

                    • scottpa1960
                      Message 10 of 18 , Sep 12, 2009
                        Norm - look at the discussion you started...did you ever imagine??

                        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Fusaro, Norm W3IZ" <w3iz@...> wrote:

                        > I find these comments ammuzing.
                        >
                        > Have you ever tried to exchange an IRC for a stamp at the post office? Try to find anyone who even knows what they are. I had a supervisor tell me that they don't use them anymore. I have still not recieved any response from the USPS website about exchanging IRCs. The only person who knew how to do it at the local PO has retired and taken the secret with her.
                        >
                        > Filling out QSL cards, SASE, buying postage stamps, licking envelopes not PIA?
                        > Schlepping QSL cards to a convention to be checked or sending them to HQ not PIA?
                        >
                        > A couple of mouse clicks is far less trouble. :-)
                        >
                        > W3IZ
                        >

                        > ________________________________
                        >
                        > From: scottpa1960 [mailto:scottpa1960@...]
                        >

                        > however it appears any time I want to upload to LOTW, I must include the date to reflect the new location within PA. I find this to be a pain in the rear, >
                        > >

                        > .

                      • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
                        Message 11 of 18 , Sep 12, 2009
                          That is what reflectors are for.  I got the USPS info that I was looking for because of this thread.
                          As long as the flamers and critics stand by reflectors can be very useful to exchange ideas.
                          73

                          Message 12 of 18 , Sep 16, 2009
                            On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 17:34, Fusaro, Norm W3IZ <w3iz@...> wrote:

                            > Not at all.  I have pretty thick skin.  It is not just LoTW but everything we touch.  Ever see someone complain about the cellular phone call being dropped.  It sure beats the heck out of a scummy pay phone and a roll of dimes.

                            So because some (OK, most) payphones used to be ... unhygenic ... we
                            shouldn't complain when cell-phones drop calls?

                            Likewise, because many USPS folks have never heard of an IRC means we
                            shouldn't point out deficiencies in LoTW?

                            I'm afraid you've lost me.

                          • n3sl
                            Message 13 of 18 , Sep 20, 2009

                              --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, Tony De Angelo <TonyN2MFT@...> wrote:

                              <<SNIP>>

                              > On Page 12
                              >
                              > Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the
                              > new IRC version
                              (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail
                              > associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than
                              > the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the
                              > IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                              Has anyone been able to verify that the current IRC indeed can be EXCHANGED for a new one?  Also, the "U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value" applies ONLY to the original purchaser.   One cannot take a St Louis issued IRC into a Chicago PO and get $2.09 (theoretically).  Again, anyone with different info, please speak up.

                            • Nenad Stevanovic
                              Message 14 of 18 , Sep 20, 2009
                                Someone repported earlier difficulties getting latest
                                version of IRCs in US.

                                No problem in other countries. I received first (NEW) one
                                in the letter from Spain, as early as July 09.

                                73 Nenad VE3EXY ...

                                ________________________________

                                > Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009,
                                for the
                                > new IRC version (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail
                                > associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less
                                than
                                > the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of
                                the
                                > IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                                Has anyone been able to verify that the current IRC indeed can be
                                EXCHANGED for a new one? Also, the "U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less
                                than the value" applies ONLY to the original purchaser. One cannot
                                take a St Louis issued IRC into a Chicago PO and get $2.09
                                (theoretically). Again, anyone with different info, please speak up.
                              • Gary AL9A
                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 20, 2009
                                  So the old style IRC's I have in hand from Japan, Austria, etc., are not redeemable for a new IRC in the US because I didn't purchase the old one from my local post office.  And if I can successfully exchange it for one unit of first class international air mail postage I get a 98 cent stamp for an IRC that cost somebody mucho pesos more in currency of the realm.

                                  Sounds like the international postal boys have figured out a sweet scam.  Sell the suckers a virtually unusable piece of script at extortionist prices and then periodically render them useless by issuing a new series IRC every few years!  Meanwhile the sucker owners of the IRC's are busy playing a game of musical chairs to see who gets stuck with paper that has as much value as Confederate money!  Aint' government great?

                                  73,
                                  Gary AL9A

                                  > Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on December 31, 2009, for the
                                  > new IRC version
                                  (Item 330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail
                                  > associates (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than
                                  > the value of the IRC. (The amount to exchange is the printed price of the
                                  > IRC along with any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                                  Has anyone been able to verify that the current IRC indeed can be EXCHANGED for a new one?  Also, the "U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value" applies ONLY to the original purchaser.   One cannot take a St Louis issued IRC into a Chicago PO and get $2.09 (theoretically) .  Again, anyone with different info, please speak up.

                                • Larry & Karen
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Sep 20, 2009
                                    The good old gov't you mention has never been known for efficiency.  I don't care to get into or start a political discussion, but they are scaring the heck out of me right now with what's going on.  'Nuf said.

                                    Larry  K0IS

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Sep 21, 2009

                                      Steve

                                      I provided a link for information, which is current, by the United States Postal Service.

                                      Your question alludes to a postal system which is not under USPS Rules and Regulations it would seem.  Any IRC issued in the United States may be cashed in, not exchanged, for the face value minus $0.01. Any issued by another country may be exchanged for 1 unit of "First-Class Mail International Letter" postage, currently $0.98 USD. You may then purchase a new IRC for $2.10. This I have done at my local branch.

                                      If I miss quoted in my posting accept my apologizes. I'm more than willing to learn.  Please post the URL so I can read where you are referencing. We all need to be on the same page when purchasing and exchanging these so we can inform others.

                                      The purpose of an IRC is supposed to purchase 1 unit of postage in the exchanging country if they participate in the Universal Postal Union. Not a money making enterprise by all member countries.

                                      Also, I have been informed by a supervisor in Tampa, Florida on 18 September 2009, which they have not received the new IRC's.  They are expecting them in 2 weeks from the USPS distribution. For others on this list in the USA you might also find this to be true.

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Sep 21, 2009

                                        Tony (et.al.)

                                        I appreciate the information and am only trying to clear up (if possible with the USPS) an apparent contradiction, and to clarify the wording of the latest bulletin.

                                        The Sept 10, 2009, postal bulletin (http://www.usps.com/cpim/ftp/bulletin/2009/pb22267/pdf/pb22267.pdf) has the following on page 12:

                                        􀂄 Advise customers to exchange IRCs that expire on
                                        December 31, 2009, for the new IRC version (Item
                                        330800), or for other postage stamps. Retail associates
                                        (RAs) can exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs
                                        for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC. (The amount
                                        to exchange is the printed price of the IRC along with
                                        any additional postage affixed minus one penny.)

                                        That says to me that the current IRC version can be swapped, 1-fo-1, for the new one when available.  It also says to me that a US issued IRC can be swapped for $2.09 (or whatever value minus $0.01).  Unfortunately, when I tried that at my local PO, I was shown the following from the International Mail Manual (http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/immc3_026.htm)

                                        381.3 Selling Price and Exchange Value

                                        1. The selling price of a reply coupon in the United States is $2.10. One coupon is exchangeable in any other member country for a stamp or stamps representing the minimum postage on an unregistered air letter. Unused U.S. coupons (that is those with the U.S. selling price stamped on them) may be exchanged only for United States postage stamps by the original purchaser at a discount of 1 cent below the purchase price.

                                        I was just curious if anyone has a DEFINITIVE answer on either or both points.  People are "rushing" to use/sell the current IRC on the premise they are useless after 12/31.  Being able to exchange them directly for the new version completely changes that approach.  And being able to cash in US-issued IRCs at any PO makes a big difference in the value of those IRCs!  Also note another apparent/potential problem:  The bulletin says "exchange unused U.S.-issued IRCs for $0.01 less than the value of the IRC" (does that mean CASH?), while the IMM says " exchanged only for United States postage stamps".  Either way, the value just went up....

                                        Thanks for your assistance in providing the bulletin link.  Somebody has to know the answers....

                                        73, Steve