Save your certificate
TQ5, TQ6 and TQ8 files are like matches and have no use once used. You may delete these files.
The complete certificate should be saved.
Saving your certificate
- Open TQSL CERT, highlight the gold ribbon certificate, RIGHT CLICK - SAVE. (or select CERTIFICATE - SAVE)
- Save this PKCS#12 file to external media such as a memory stick. (Note - you cannot "save" to a CD. You must save the file to a folder then "write" it to a CD)
If you get a new certificate or renew your certificate it must be saved as above. The old PKCS#12 file is no good once the original certificate has been replaced.
LoTW in a second or new computer.
In the first computer:
Save your certificate as instructed above.
In the new computer install the TQSL software.
- Delete any and all TQ5, TQ6 and TQ8 files in your folders.
- Open TQSL CERT
- Delete any lines with a callsign.
- Select FILE - LOAD CERTIFICATE.
- Load the PKCS#12 from your memory stick.
- Now you have the gold ribbon.
- Now you can create the station location in TQSL.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Membership & Volunteer Programs Department
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main St.
Newington, CT 06011
From: wa9ysd [mailto:wa9ysd@...]
Sent: Wed 9/9/2009 3:56 AM
Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] Re: Convert from Windows to Mac