LOTW logs for several calls

  • k7xm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
      I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
      not having any luck at all. I have gone to Preference/qso/qso date/
      changed to RANGE. I have then used the filter Selection to select
      the beginning date and ending date for that particular call. All
      looks good. I then save that log under the call for which I'm
      working. I then reopen that log only to find my complete log. In
      other words I have the right name on the log but the data for my
      complete log for which I'm selecting from. The dates for that log
      are 26/03/1975 thru today. I'm trying to select 26/03/1975 thru
      26/06/1975, for my novice call WN6KCX. What am I doing wrong??? I
      have a few more to do as well. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks,
      K7XM
      Hugh
    • FireBrick
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
        I selected the different calls by using my logbooks selection system.
        But...
        I may be wrong....but check the date format:
        I thought the selection system uses yyyy-mm-dd format.
        maybe I'm confusing that.

        I asked for 3 different certificates, WN9VOL, WA9VOL, & W9OL.

        > I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
        > not having any luck at all. I have gone to Preference/qso/qso date/
        > changed to RANGE. I have then used the filter Selection to select
        > the beginning date and ending date for that particular call. All
        > looks good. I then save that log under the call for which I'm
        > working. I then reopen that log only to find my complete log. In
        > other words I have the right name on the log but the data for my
        > complete log for which I'm selecting from. The dates for that log
        > are 26/03/1975 thru today. I'm trying to select 26/03/1975 thru
        > 26/06/1975, for my novice call WN6KCX. What am I doing wrong??? I
        > have a few more to do as well. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        > Thanks,
        > K7XM
        > Hugh

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Ron Wetjen
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
          k7xm wrote:

          > I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
          > not having any luck at all.

          <snip>

          > What am I doing wrong???

          Do you have a separate certificate for each call?

          Ron
        • Gerry Hohn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004

            I have several call on LOTW and no problem. As Ron mentions, you need a separate certificate for each call.

            Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
            DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
            (403) 251-0384
            ve6lb@...
            http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

            > I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
            > not having any luck at all.

            <snip>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
              At 07:08 PM 1/3/2004, k7xm wrote:
              >I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
              >not having any luck at all. I have gone to Preference/qso/qso date/
              >changed to RANGE.

              I don't see a Preference/QSO menu on TQSL or TQSLCERT, which leads me
              to assume that you're having problem with your logging software, not
              with the TQSL applications.
              Is that the case? You're trying to export an ADIF log file from your
              logging application? If so, please let us know what you're using.

              >I have then used the filter Selection to select
              >the beginning date and ending date for that particular call. All
              >looks good. I then save that log under the call for which I'm
              >working. I then reopen that log only to find my complete log. In
              >other words I have the right name on the log but the data for my
              >complete log for which I'm selecting from. The dates for that log
              >are 26/03/1975 thru today. I'm trying to select 26/03/1975 thru
              >26/06/1975, for my novice call WN6KCX. What am I doing wrong??? I
              >have a few more to do as well. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

              For DX4WIN (what I use) - you set up a filter for the date range then
              invoke the export function. The resulting ADIF file only contains
              records matching the filter.
              Saving the log doesn't obey the filter as far as I know; if you really
              want a separate log file for just the WN6KCX call, export those QSOs in
              ADIF then import the ADIF file into an empty log. If you're not using
              DX4WIN, you'll probably need a different set of steps.
              -Rick
            • Hugh Phillips - K7XM
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004

                No, I was told by ARRL I use my current call for each old call I have.  I haven’t got as for as converting to send to LOTW log site. I’m still trying to just gather the logs for my former calls.

                Thanks

                Hugh

                > I have been trying to create logs for all of my former calls and am
                > not having any luck at all.

                <snip>

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 3, 2004
                  The way I understood it, and currently have it working.
                  You use your CURRENT call to get the first certificate.
                  Then you apply for and 'SIGN' a new certificate for the other calls you had.

                  Then when you create your .adi file for each callsign, you use that callsigns certificate
                  to 'Sign' that .adi file for that particular callsign.

                  Sort of...the first Certificate you apply for (you present callsign) give you the bona
                  vides to request alternate Certificates for your past callsigns.

                  The problem comes in that ARRL uses the FCC database to confirm that your present callsign
                  was indeed licensed to you.
                  Your previous callsigns can no longer be vetted as they are no longer in the FCC dbase.
                  So you use the Certificate that is in the FCC files to apply for other callsign
                  certificates.

                  Boy I hope I said this correctly....
                  If not...in the words of Saturday Night Lives' Emily Luttila.."NEVERMIND"!