Trusted QSL

  • Gil Baron
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
      I tried to download Trusted QSL earlier tonight and it came but install
      failed saying it was corrupted, even several tires did this. What a mess?
      Luckily I found a copy that I had saved.

      I did the Windows Version which doesn't mention Vista for some reason. Boy
      what happens in Oct when W7 comes out!
      \I assume it will work. It works fine with Vista but does not say so.

      Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
      N 44.082147 W 92.513085 1050' EN34rb
      Hierro Candente, Batir de repente
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2009
        At 10:32 PM 7/9/2009, Gil Baron wrote:

        >I tried to download Trusted QSL earlier tonight and it came but install
        >failed saying it was corrupted, even several tires did this. What a mess?
        >Luckily I found a copy that I had saved.
        >
        >I did the Windows Version which doesn't mention Vista for some reason. Boy
        >what happens in Oct when W7 comes out!
        >\I assume it will work. It works fine with Vista but does not say so.

        Trusted QSL is a Windows application. It works fine on Windows 7, like
        most well-behaved software. I have software that was originally
        designed for MS-DOS (over 10 years ago!) that still works under Windows 7.

        I don't see any problems with the download, which I attempted using my
        Windows 7 system just a few minutes ago with a usable download. If you
        continue to have problems with the install, contact your ISP; they may
        be doing something that interferes with SourceForge downloads.

      • rojomn
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2009
          I tried direct and source forge and neither worked. I did download other
          things and they worked. For now it does not matter as I found a copy. Why o
          Why did they change the server? It worked great before that?

          My ISP is charter and they would have no reason to do anything with this
          tiny download.

          Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
          N 44.082147 W 92.513085 1050' EN34rb
          Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

        • Brian Alsop
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 10, 2009
            Had this problem trying to get v.1.11. It sent to me to some page that
            said I couldn't download.
            Clicked on just about everything on the page. One of them ( I can't
            remember which) started the download.
            I can send you the downloaded file (which worked just fine).

            73 de Brian/K3KO

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 10, 2009
              If this doesn't work:

              http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/trustedqsl/tqsl-111.exe?use_mirror=iweb

              ... try this and choose a different mirror:

              http://sourceforge.net/settings/mirror_choices?projectname=trustedqsl&package=TrustedQSL&filename=tqsl-111.exe

              No problems here installing it on MS-WinXP SP3.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2009
                At 07:33 AM 7/10/2009, rojomn wrote:

                >I tried direct and source forge and neither worked. I did download other
                >things and they worked. For now it does not matter as I found a copy.
                >Why o
                >Why did they change the server? It worked great before that?

                Oh, I didn't notice that the server changed. It's been a while since I
                downloaded a copy.

                >My ISP is charter and they would have no reason to do anything with this
                >tiny download.

                True, but they may have a web cache set up between you and the Internet
                that's serving up a corrupted copy.
                But then why didn't it work correctly from the other site?? I guess
                it's just one of the mysteries of the Intertubes. :-)
                At least you've got it installed now.
              • rojomn
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 11, 2009
                  It works. I don't know what the problem was the other day?