RE: [ARRL-LOTW] VUCC and LOTW

  • Mike Mellinger WA0SXV
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009

      More gratuitous insults.

      From: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com [mailto:ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Laws
      Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 13:52
      To: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] VUCC and LOTW

      On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 14:41, Peter Jordahl <k5gm@...> wrote:

      > This is good news, but I don't understand why WAC and 5B-WAC are not
      > shown
      > as planned; after all, the IARU has a strong presence at ARRL!  Those

      "Strong presence." Heh.

      IIRC, there is a back-door way to get WAC if you are in the DXCC
      system, but yeah, WAC should be trivial to implement. You'd think.

      Nothing seems to be trivial for them though, sadly.

      The whole program needs *way* more transparency.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 5, 2009
        On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 15:41, Mike Mellinger WA0SXV<wa0sxv@...> wrote:

        > More gratuitous insults.

        Which ones?

        The League is, for all intents and purposes, the IARU, right down to the logo.

        WAC should be trivial to implement since they already have all the
        info needed (the entity-to-continent mapping is not a mystery).

        And there really should be more visibility into the inner workings of
        the program.

        So which ones were gratuitous?

      • cord72501
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
          I just had an email discussion with my ARRL division director concerning VUCC and LOTW.

          Last June we had the same discussion and my director furnished me with information the VUCC would be added to LOTW by the end of 2009.

          The current word from my director is that "many of the directors are rather unhappy now because they are getting complaints from their members about the constant delays in adding VUCC to LOTW."

          The ARRL board of directors will meet very soon. The indication I am getting is that this issue will quickly be resolved.

          73,
          Cord KD5J
        • wb4iuy@teara.org
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 12, 2010
            At 08:25 PM 1/12/2010 -0000, you wrote:
            >I just had an email discussion with my ARRL division director concerning
            VUCC and LOTW.

            >Last June we had the same discussion and my director furnished me with
            information the VUCC would be added to LOTW by the end of 2009.

            >The current word from my director is that "many of the directors are rather
            unhappy now because they are getting complaints from their members about the
            constant delays in adding VUCC to LOTW."

            >The ARRL board of directors will meet very soon. The indication I am
            getting is that this issue will quickly be resolved.

            >73,
            >Cord KD5J

            Thanks for the info, Cord!

            Dave Hockaday WB4IUY