Re: [ARRL-LOTW] QSL Bureaus No Cards

    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 4, 2009
      On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 21:06, C. Griffin <n1mie@...> wrote:

      > 3905 club bureau both ways. I have never used the ARRL outgoing
      > bureau. I don't really have a good feel for how to do it even though I
      > have a backlog of QSL waiting for a home. I absolutely love the
      > electronic QSL services (eQSL & LOTW) and QSL 100% on them. And

      Pretty simple. Presupposes you are a member, then just stuff them in
      an envelope, include the fee and your membership, and send it off to
      Newington. There are important rules for how to sort the cards and
      what to do when the other guy has a QSL manager. Full details at
      http://www.arrl.org/qsl/qslout.html

      I'm like you with the post cards - why can't we all just do that?
      Now, if I really want the card, I'll send a SASE, but that's a
      courtesy and I don't feel obliged. I'll return a card however it
      comes. Send me a SASE, I'll put my card in and send it back; send a
      post card, I'll send one back.

      Having just worked my 100th grid on 6, I'm really anxious to start
      QSLing for VUCC. If the ARRL really will start doing VUCC via LoTW,
      great, but if not, that's a LOT of cards. Folks should expect post
      cards. :-)

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 10, 2009
        FYI: ARRL received my card submission on April 10th, 2009 and I received my cards back and ARRL credits on June 2, 2009, thats about 51 days from start of process to end if I had done my math right. Now how many working days is that? 37 working days?

        Jim
      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 10, 2009
          What does this have to do with QSL Bureaus ?????

          Jerry  N9AVY

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 12, 2009
            FYI: ARRL received my card submission on April 10th, 2009 and I received my
            cards back and ARRL credits on June 2, 2009, thats about 51 days from start of
            process to end if I had done my math right. Now how many working days is that?
            37 working days?

            You like this better Jerry?

            Jim
          • David Levine

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 13, 2009
                With an LOTW with a card submission just seams to take too long.

                ARRL has told us what the norm is. We have card checkers now with some responsibility, and yet they do not trust them with more responsibility. This whole process could be sped up. It is ran like the government. Yet it is based on the Honor system and trust. This never made any sense to me after all these years.

                Jim