Re: [ARRL-LOTW] numerous LoTW uploads

    Message 1 of 10 , May 7, 2009
      On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 23:54, Richard F DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@...> wrote:

      > In conjunction with AC7DX, a group of hams have begin electronically
      > converting and uploading a large number of DX logs to LoTW.
      >
      > The following logs have been uploaded as of today - May 7, 2009.

      Great news! Thanks!

      Any insight into doing mass conversion from paper to electronic?
      Tools used, etc?

    • Jim C
      Message 2 of 10 , May 7, 2009
        this helps but it isn't OCR

        http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html

        Message 3 of 10 , May 7, 2009
          On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 10:47, Jim C <liteways@...> wrote:
          > this helps  but it isn't OCR
          >
          > http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html

          I'm familiar with that Fast Log Entry. Were you guys able to make
          good use of it?

        • Marc Domen
          Message 4 of 10 , May 7, 2009
            Hi,

            If any QSL Manager or logkeeper anywhere needs some help to type in paper logs to be uploaded tot LoTW.
            Please contact me direct, I will be happy to help.
            I know it is can be a hell of a job.

            73  Marc, ON7SS - OO9O

            2009/5/6 Richard F DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@...>

            In conjunction with AC7DX, a group of hams have begin electronically converting and uploading a large number of DX logs to LoTW.

            The following logs have been uploaded as of today - May 7, 2009.

            V31A - 1990 and 1991 DX contests
            V31DX - 1990 - 1991 logs
            VK0HM (Heard Island) - 1969-1970
            VQ9CQ - 10/90 - 04/91
            VQ9SS - 1991
            VQ9HB - 12/89 - 05/90
            XX9DX - 1983 - 1990
            VS6DX - 1979 - 1989
            LW9DA - 1996 - 2007
            LQ7D - 2002 - 2008

            We intend to add additional AC7DX managed station logs over time.

            73 Rich NN3W

          • Bill Feidt
            Message 5 of 10 , May 7, 2009
              Richard F DiDonna NN3W wrote:

              > In conjunction with AC7DX, a group of hams have begin electronically
              > converting and uploading a large number of DX logs to LoTW.

              Hi Rich. After you mentioned it at one of the PVRC downtown luncheons,
              I downloaded DF3CB and started keyboarding some of my own older logs.
              If you'd like help with the effort, I'd certainly be willing to pitch in.

              73,

              Bill/NG3K
            • Richard DiDonna NN3W
              Message 6 of 10 , May 7, 2009
                I used FLE for my log uploads. While its great to preserve 100% of log data (RST sent and received, exact frequency, etc), LoTW does not care about these items and discards them.

                Using FLE I could enter QSOs in at a rate of about 400 an hour for difficult logs (lots of band/mode changes and/or wide gaps in time between QSOs) or up to about 700 QSOs an hour when we were inputting contest or DXpedition logs.

                A 4000 QSO log becomes not too difficult work with FLE

                73 Rich NN3W
                > In conjunction with AC7DX, a group of hams have begin electronically
                > converting and uploading a large number of DX logs to LoTW.

                Hi Rich. After you mentioned it at one of the PVRC downtown luncheons,
                I downloaded DF3CB and started keyboarding some of my own older logs.
                If you'd like help with the effort, I'd certainly be willing to pitch in.

                73,

                Bill/NG3K
              • Art Searle W2NRA
                Message 7 of 10 , May 7, 2009
                  While LotW doesn't care about or use "exact frequency" it doesn't discard
                  them.
                  73 Art W2NRA
                  "Keep to the Code!"
                  w2nra.com
                  >I used FLE for my log uploads. While its great to preserve 100% of log
                  >data (RST sent and received, exact frequency, etc), LoTW does not care
                  >about these items and discards them.
                  >
                  > Using FLE I could enter QSOs in at a rate of about 400 an hour for
                  > difficult logs (lots of band/mode changes and/or wide gaps in time between
                  > QSOs) or up to about 700 QSOs an hour when we were inputting contest or
                  > DXpedition logs.
                  >
                  > A 4000 QSO log becomes not too difficult work with FLE
                  >
                  > 73 Rich NN3W
                • Richard DiDonna NN3W
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 7, 2009
                    Art, you're right. I should have been a bit more careful there. ARRL LoTW will accept precise frequency, but it is not necessary. As long sa LoTW recognizes the band and mode, credit is potentially available.

                    73 Rich NN3W

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 7, 2009
                      On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 12:19, Richard DiDonna NN3W <nn3w@...> wrote:
                      > I used FLE for my log uploads.  While its great to preserve 100% of log data (RST sent and received, exact frequency, etc), LoTW does not care about these items and discards them.

                      Yeah, but you do.

                      I've already entered my paper stuff (directly into DXKeeper), but
                      there were fewer than 200 QSOs, the other 8800 being contest or
                      "post-electrification." I entered everything into the log that was
                      there.

                      *All* of it will get exported to ADIF should I want to do that. The
                      fact that LoTW only cares about contact match info wasn't a
                      consideration for me - I wanted an electronic log.

                      ARRL never should have used the name "Logbook" in their
                      contact-matching system. It isn't a logbook.