New On LoTw - CT1GFQ

  • Carlos
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hello All.

      I'm not new here in the group, but new in the LoTW Certificate.
      Call: CT1GFQ
      Name: Carlos

      I'll update, my contacts, at the first time, only the 2009, and gradualy the 2008 contacts.

      I thik ins possible do this.

      73's.
      Carlos, CT1GFQ
    • Marc - ON7SS - OO9O
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
        Carlos,

        That is no problem.
        Matches will show whenever you upload.
        Checked my logbook, no qso yet.
        perhaps in the futur.

        73  Marc, ON7SS - OO9O

        Carlos schreef:

        Hello All.

        I'm not new here in the group, but new in the LoTW Certificate.
        Call: CT1GFQ
        Name: Carlos

        I'll update, my contacts, at the first time, only the 2009, and gradualy the 2008 contacts.

        I thik ins possible do this.

        73's.
        Carlos, CT1GFQ

      • CT1GFQ - Carlos Fonseca - IM58kq
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009

          Hello Again.

          My first question, of a new user:
          How can I convert .ADI file to a .TQ8 file?!

          I make the LoTW log on the TQSL, because I wprk only with paper yet, I don’t have many contacts than I don’t need any log software to do it !

          73’s de Carlos Fonseca, CT1GFQ
          REP #1406

          SKCC #466

          LoTW #149290

          Blog: http://carlosfonseca-ct1gfq.blogspot.com/ (update: 01 Abr. 2009)

          Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9018639@N04/  ( New update: 07/Mar./2009 )

          P Poupe papel. Antes de imprimir este e-mail pense bem se tem mesmo que o fazer.

          Há cada vez menos árvores.

          As árvores são um bem imprescindível.

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
            Carlos,

            You need to install the Trusted QSL software from the ARRL web site.
            It will convert the file and sign it so you can upload the .tq8 to
            LOTW. See here for instructions, downloads, etc.:

            http://www.arrl.org/lotw/start.html

            73, Bob N7XY

            On Apr 1, 2009, at 2:11 PM, CT1GFQ - Carlos Fonseca - IM58kq wrote:

            > Hello Again.
            >
            > My first question, of a new user:
            > How can I convert .ADI file to a .TQ8 file?!
            >
            > I make the LoTW log on the TQSL, because I wprk only with paper
            > yet, I don’t have many contacts than I don’t need any log software
            > to do it !
            >
            > 73’s de Carlos Fonseca, CT1GFQ
            > REP #1406
            >
            > SKCC #466
            >
            > LoTW #149290
            >
            > Blog: http://carlosfonseca-ct1gfq.blogspot.com/ (update: 01 Abr. 2009)
            >
            > Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9018639@N04/ ( New update:07/
            > Mar./2009 )
            >
            > P Poupe papel. Antes de imprimir este e-mail pense bem se tem mesmo
            > que o fazer.
            >
            > Há cada vez menos árvores.
            >
            > As árvores são um bem imprescindível.

          • Jim C
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
              Use this program to enter your paper logs.

              http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html

              Then use the trusted qsl program to get the tq 5 or what ever it is.

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
                At 08:39 PM 4/1/2009, Jim C wrote:
                >Use this program to enter your paper logs.
                >

                >http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html
                >
                >Then use the trusted qsl program to get the tq 5 or what ever it is.

                Jim,
                Great April Fools joke.
                Telling someone who has already done the work to put their log into
                ADIF format to enter their data all over again. Brilliant.

                Carlos, since it's no longer April first (zulu): all you need to do is
                to install TrustedQSL. That will allow you to convert your existing log
                to a .TQ8 file.
                -Rick
              • Jim C
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
                  He said he works only with paper logs so I stand by my answer. He has
                  to get them into the computer.

                  Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

                  > At 08:39 PM 4/1/2009, Jim C wrote:
                  > >Use this program to enter your paper logs.
                  > >

                  > >http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html <http://www.df3cb.com/fle/index.html>
                  > >
                  > >Then use the trusted qsl program to get the tq 5 or what ever it is.
                  >
                  > Jim,
                  > Great April Fools joke.
                  > Telling someone who has already done the work to put their log into
                  > ADIF format to enter their data all over again. Brilliant.
                  >
                  > Carlos, since it's no longer April first (zulu): all you need to do is
                  > to install TrustedQSL. That will allow you to convert your existing log
                  > to a .TQ8 file.
                  > -Rick

                • w8jmf
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009
                    Carlos,

                    The TQSL program you created your log with also has an option
                    under File to sign your log, that will create the TQ8 for you.

                    73 de John

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009

                      Hello All.

                      Yes, yesterday, was April, 1 (Joke day), but I was not playing.

                      I’ll fallow all your information to do on the best way my Upload the LoTW logs in TQ8.

                      Many thanks your help.

                      73’s de Carlos Fonseca, CT1GFQ
                      REP #1406

                      SKCC #466

                      LoTW #149290

                      Blog: http://carlosfonseca-ct1gfq.blogspot.com/ (update: 01 Abr. 2009)

                      Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9018639@N04/  ( New update: 07/Mar./2009 )

                      P Poupe papel. Antes de imprimir este e-mail pense bem se tem mesmo que o fazer.

                      Há cada vez menos árvores.

                      As árvores são um bem imprescindível.

                      Enviada: quinta-feira, 2 de Abril de 2009 2:53
                      Para: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009
                        HEllo again.

                        I've made like your information, and all OK.

                        I have yet my first 9 contacts in CW, and my 2 new confirmations !

                        Once again, many thanks your help.

                        73’s de Carlos Fonseca, CT1GFQ
                        REP #1406
                        SKCC #466
                        LoTW #149290
                        Enviada: quarta-feira, 1 de Abril de 2009 22:52
                        Para: ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com

                      • Frank, IZ7AUH - Taranto, Italy
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009

                          You are a Welcome on LOTW Group and LoTW System!

                          Sincerely and 73,

                          FIRMA-FRANK1

                          Francesco Giacoia, IZ7AUH/WZ7AUH

                          ARI Member - ARRL Member - Strange Radio Team #002 - RBLob - ARMI #097

                          E-mail: hello@... - wz7auh@...

                          Web:   http://www.iz7auh.com

                          Phone: +39.349.47.06.795

                        • Jim
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009
                            Carlos your doing just fine keep up the good work. I had 17000 QSO to put in to a logging program, took me a year, so take your time and do not burn your self out.

                            Jim
                          • CT1GFQ - Carlos Fonseca - IM58kq
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 2, 2009

                              HEllo Jim.

                              Since I’m ham (1996 like CT5GFQ, and than +/- 1998 CT2GFQ starting the HF band DX) I use the paper to make my log book.
                              Only in digital format for CQ WW or CQ WPX, but with afraid to loose the log.

                              Today I upload only 32 contacts, and gradually I’ll upload 2007-2008-2009.
                              When I finish this job, maybe, I’ll Upload the old qso’s.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 3, 2009
                                Carlos I still keep a paper log as a back up. I still get some requests for confirmations on EQsl that are not in the computer log that I have to check in the paper log for. So far when I check the paper log, they were not in any log.

                                When making an entry in my paper log I will catch a problem ether with the paper log or the computer log. So I make changes. Not getting any younger so I do make mistakes. Paper log helps me to catch those mistakes.

                                I have every thing uploaded to EQSL and LOTW from 1968 to being current this year. I still get confirmations from 1995 or so here on LOTW and EQSL. You just never know all ways a surprise.

                                Jim