Triple Play certificates (perhaps some of you have heard this by now)

  • Joseph Miller
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30 7:15 PM
      Message received from our Division Director, Jim Weaver:

      A long-time friend and member in southwest Ohio wrote me saying he
      thought the quality of the TPA certificate he earned was subpar. I
      forwarded the comment to HQ. Staff noted the certificate looked fine
      in proof copies and that a respected commercial printer had printed
      them. On checking through the standard run of certificates they, too
      found it to be below League standards. A new run of the certificates
      was made and replaced the original batch.

      Everyone who received one of the earlier, off-quality certificates will
      automatically receive a replacement from the new run.

      Communications from members do receive attention.
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
        Sounds good. It is hard to bring about change these days.

        Wall paper is wall paper to me. Printers can do anything these days. As long as I got a certificate in hand thats all that matters. I earned it and proud of it. Did not care what they looked like.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2009
          --- On Wed, 4/1/09, Jim <wa9ysd@...> wrote:
          Sounds good. It is hard to bring about change these days.

          Wall paper is wall paper to me. Printers can do anything these days. As long as I got a certificate in hand thats all that matters. I earned it and proud of it. Did not care what they looked like.

          Fine business. Hopefully, by the end of this week, I can vouch what the new Worked All States awards look like. I had 49 states confirmed by LoTW, I then submitted a card for the remaining state and was told on Monday the award had been issued. I was really impressed with the ARRL's quick turnaround time.

          73 de Joe, KJ8O