Re: [ARRL-LOTW] CQWW CW

  • Gerry Hohn
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003

      Which simply means you CAN confirm you're NOT in the log.

      Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
      DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
      (403) 251-0384
      ve6lb@...
      http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003

        Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
        N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
        Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

        With LotW it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that. If the contact does not match, you
        cannot see it, period. There is no reason to delay and maybe forget. I hope
        most do not do that.
        There is no reason to penalize LotW because of the bad behavior of eqsl.cc.

        Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
        N 44.082056  W 92.513024 1050'
        Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

      • John E Bastin
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003
          On Dec 3, 2003, at 6:11 PM, rojomn wrote:

          > With LotW it is IMPOSSIBLE to do that. If the contact does not match,
          > you
          > cannot see it, period. There is no reason to delay and maybe forget. I
          > hope
          > most do not do that.
          > There is no reason to penalize LotW because of the bad behavior of
          > eqsl.cc.

          Where's the penalty? It only means my logs are in LoTW 4 to 6 weeks
          after the contest, instead of the next day. They'll be there, and those
          who need the confirmations will have them.

          You wouldn't have a QSL card that quick, so what's your problem?

          73,

          J o h n B a s t i n K 8 A J S
          jbastin@... K8AJS@...
          http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
        • Gerry Hohn
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 3, 2003

            You may not understand the penalty system.

            Here is the quote from the CQWW web site:

            4. SCORE PENALTIES

            For each -N or -B callsign, contact-point and multiplier credit is

            denied. In addition, a point penalty of 3 times the

            claimed-contact-point-value is assessed.

            Gerry