Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Another Newbe

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
      On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 06:21, Paul <paul.deyo@...> wrote:

      > stateside logs. I am a little disappointed at how few station logs are out
      > there from the era of the peak sunspot cycles in the late 70s and early 80s.

      You need to encourage your friends to digitize and upload their logs!

      It's easy, it's fun!

      OK, it's fun.

      Well, it's fun when it works OK.

      But still!! :-)

      Congrats for getting started!

    • w4lde
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
        Paul,

        Don't give up yet! It can take up to 2 days before your uploaded log
        gets matched to other LOTW logs.

        As of this AM I uploaded log data back on 2-3 and it still doesn't show
        in my QSO section. I don't know why this is happening
        but it seems to take longer now than it did a few months ago. I think
        the TPA award is adding lots of processing time to the server at ARRL.

        Remember to use different certificates to the section of the log that
        matches each call plus setup the WAS section for the time-date for each
        call.

        You will also have to link them together for your DXCC awards. Expect
        about a 20% confirmation rate, many hams have not transferred there
        paper logs to the computer thus logs from 1990 back seem not to get much
        activity for confirmations.

        Good luck and 73 de
        Ron W4LDE