Awards

  • Don
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 31, 2009
      First, I am happy, I just got my #50 for my first WAS.
      I start the application process, but have a question. What are the
      "credits" ?
      I paid for 50..
      there is a $10 for the certificate. which is fine.
      there is .70 for postage, which is fine.
      there is a $5.00 LoTW fee.... ??????
      then what are the credits for ?
      please do not misunderstand me, I have no problem at all
      with supporting the LoTW program, but it feels as if I am being charged
      twice.
      I am sure that it's just me and my failing to understand the system.
      Why not just one single fee when applying for an award?

      Don
      AD7LL
      http://www.srcisra.org/
    • ah6rr1
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 16 10:23 AM
        There are some good nets out there one of the better ones is the ANZA net that is on 14.183 at 0515Z each day ANZA stands for A(VK)NZ(ZL)A(Africa)lots of good ops there. http://anzadxnet.webs.com/ The 40 meter net that is metioned is also boring as heck I have been on it a few times and I fall asleep most of the time.

        73
        Roland AH6RR