Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Station Location

  • Don Robertson
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 1, 2009
      R Johnson wrote:
      > At 01:45 1/1/2009, you wrote:
      >

      >> The location issue becomes a serious handicap quickly for active mobile stations. LoTW allows you to identify your TX location down to the county and grid square level. These two fields are available when setting up station locations in tQSL. The ARRL only offers awards at the DXCC and WAS level, so these more precise location ID's don't buy you anything at the moment.
      >>

      > Don't forget, for WAS all QSO's must be made within a 50 mi. radius.
      > VUCC all QSO's must be made within a 200 Km radius.
      >
      > These rules further complicate using mobile contacts for ARRL awards via LoTW.
      >
      > 73 & HNY
      > Bob, K1VU

      If that is the case then why did the ARRL CEO state:"Maybe you prefer to
      be the quarry; it will quickly emerge which states are the most
      difficult to find, offering opportunities to earn the gratitude of your
      mates by activating the ones you can get to with your portable or mobile
      rig. North Dakota, anyone?" QST, January 2009, pg. 9

      With my, mobile only rig, I would be the quarry and I doubt that I could
      get WAS with the 50 mi. radius. As I stated in the original question, I
      am only at my FCC QTH about 1 week a year.

      --
      Don Robertson - NØDLM
      Wandering America’s backroads
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 2, 2009
        Not sure if you get county hunting credit if you work stations at a certain county.

        Forget WAS award cause of your travels.

        DXCC your OK with as long as your in the lower 48 States so using your home call you can
        get DXCC credit because of the way the new rules read.