Lotw membership vs useage

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
      I have about 560 qso's with call signs listed as LOTW members.
      I have only about 295 qsls confirmed.
      I only have a handful that returns as errors( I know I need to get
      these fixed)
      Any suggestion on how to get these people to input my QSO into LoTW?
      Some are individual contacts others are contest qso's

      Thanks for any ideas?

      K9KDS 73's
    • BIll Duffy
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
        Let me know when you find the answer to that one!!!!
        I have about 560 qso's with call signs listed as LOTW members.
        I have only about 295 qsls confirmed.
        I only have a handful that returns as errors( I know I need to get
        these fixed)
        Any suggestion on how to get these people to input my QSO into LoTW?
        Some are individual contacts others are contest qso's

        Thanks for any ideas?

        K9KDS 73's

        Internal Virus Database is out of date.
      • W8OKN Sean
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
          Let me know if you can solve that problem!

          I have all 50 states except for Hawaii, which I have worked numerous times.  But NONE of the hams I have talk to in Hawaii use LOTW.

          W8OKN

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
            I have WAS in cards and awarded but only 48 in LOTW.
            I need ND & WV to upload.

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
                OK...

                CQ Hawaii LOTW users.

                W8OKN

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
                  In my teaching days of many years ago, I would characterize my post as
                  "Priceless Bits of Useless Information", but fun anyway. :)

                  16000 qso's uploaded with this call. LOTW shows 49 states. Missing Wyoming.
                  Checked the log and have 21 Wyoming qso's uploaded with no hits. 5BWAS years
                  ago but this tells me that the Triple Play Award on LOTW is going to be TOUGH.

                  John
                  AE5B

                  On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:32:52 -0600, you wrote:

                  >I have WAS in cards and awarded but only 48 in LOTW.
                  >I need ND & WV to upload.

                • Hans Brakob

                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008
                      BTW...I have KH6 confirmed with two different stations. So some in HI got the LOTW message.
                      GN now
                      Bill
                      KA0VXK
                      In my teaching days of many years ago, I would characterize my post as
                      "Priceless Bits of Useless Information" , but fun anyway. :)

                      16000 qso's uploaded with this call. LOTW shows 49 states. Missing Wyoming.
                      Checked the log and have 21 Wyoming qso's uploaded with no hits. 5BWAS years
                      ago but this tells me that the Triple Play Award on LOTW is going to be TOUGH.

                      John
                      AE5B

                      On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:32:52 -0600, you wrote:

                      >I have WAS in cards and awarded but only 48 in LOTW.
                      >I need ND & WV to upload.

                    • John Bastin
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 3, 2008

                        On Nov 3, 2008, at 22:54 , Hans Brakob wrote:

                        You have a hit rate of over 50%.  I'd characterize that as phenomenal, the best I've ever heard of!

                        I have 43,376 QSO's entered in LoTW, and 9,056 hits, just under 21%.  Still need 3 hits for 5BWAS.

                        73, de Hans, K0HB

                        You're doing better than I am; I still need 5 hits for 5BWAS, one additional for 6BWAS. If there's anyone on here that can give me North Dakota on 160 meters, I'd like to hear from you...:-)

                        All I can say to everyone looking for states is hang in there, it can be done. I've got 50 confirmed for Basic WAS, 50 on 40 meters and 50 on 20 meters. The stations are there, you just have to catch the right ones...:-) I'm also looking for Montana and Nevada on 80, Kentucky and North Dakota on 15 meters and Rhode Island on 10 meters. I know they're out there, just have to be in the right place at the right time.

                        Contests are a great way to catch the states you need, and a lot of contesters are on LotW. State QSO parties are good to get the states, but from my experience the LotW user percentage is much smaller there.

                        On Nov 3, 2008, at 21:59 , W8OKN Sean wrote:
                        OK...

                        CQ Hawaii LOTW users.

                        Look for: AH6NF, AH6OZ, AH7C, KH6FI, KH6GMP, KH6LC, NH6JC, NH6V, NH7A and NH7O. The other ones I have confirmed were portable operations and not there all the time (although one of them I worked in two different years).

                        Hope this helps.

                        73,

                        John K8AJS