Adding cards to LOYW

  • John
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
      I have some QSL cards here at the house that I would like to have
      added to the LOTW database. I have new entities, new bands, new
      modes, and enough to complete the phone DXCC. How is the easiest
      way to get them all entered (200) without have to apply for an award?

      I just want to get them all in one place so I know what I have to work
      with or what I need. Anyone done this before?

      John
      K4OP
    • Bob Nielsen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
        I believe the only way is to submit them to ARRL. You will need to
        apply for an award the first time, but after that you can submit them
        without an award application.

        Bob N7XY

        On Oct 7, 2008, at 9:32 AM, John wrote:

        > I have some QSL cards here at the house that I would like to have
        > added to the LOTW database. I have new entities, new bands, new
        > modes, and enough to complete the phone DXCC. How is the easiest
        > way to get them all entered (200) without have to apply for an award?
        >
        > I just want to get them all in one place so I know what I have to work
        > with or what I need. Anyone done this before?
        >
        > John
        > K4OP

      • Gerry Hohn
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008

          John,

          Assuming that you have a valid LoTW certificate, you can manually enter QSOs in the TQSL tool.

          Another thought would be to input them into a free logging program like Logger32 www.logger32.net or DX Suite http://www.dxlabsuite.com/ which will track your DXCC totals and flag new ones. You can upload these to LoTW at a time of your choosing.

          Gerry VE6LB/VA6XDX
          DXCC Field Checker-Southern Alberta
          VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
          (403) 251-0384
          ve6lb@...
          http://www.qsl.net/ve6lb/

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
            > Assuming that you have a valid LoTW certificate, you can
            > manually enter QSOs in the TQSL tool.

            True.

            But they won't show up as a "click" on LoTW unless the other station has
            happened to upload the same Q.

            I think the OP wants to find a way for all his confirmation (paper and
            electronic) to be shown on LoTW. I don't know of any way to do that without
            submitting a DXCC application which will get the paper ones "into the
            system".

            73, de Hans, K0HB
          • Gerry Hohn
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008

              They would appear in "MY QSOs" but no way to reflect in LoTW that they are Confirmed.

              Gerry VE6LB

              > Assuming that you have a valid LoTW certificate, you can
              > manually enter QSOs in the TQSL tool.

              True.

              But they won't show up as a "click" on LoTW unless the other station has
              happened to upload the same Q.

              I think the OP wants to find a way for all his confirmation (paper and
              electronic) to be shown on LoTW. I don't know of any way to do that without
              submitting a DXCC application which will get the paper ones "into the
              system".

              73, de Hans, K0HB

            • Glenn VA3DX
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2008
                If any of those 200 qsos were submitted into LOTW by those
                particular operators , then if you submit that qso information
                into LOTW under your call... they will match and you will have
                your confirmations.

                However if any of those 200 folks do NOT submit their log
                info into LOTW , then you will have to have a Log Checker
                verify them or send them as a submission to ARRL for credit.
                ( assuming you have paper qsls from them )

                Glenn VA3DX