RE: [ARRL-LOTW] Problems and Opportunities

  • rojomn
    Message 1 of 86 , Oct 1, 2008

      My idea if I need it is to hire someone to do it for me J

      Let’s see, 1 Line every 10 seconds, 10000 lines, 100000 seconds, ~ 28 hours. Now at 10 bucks an hour which might be reachable it would be 280 bucks to do the job, probably worth it. Cheaper than the hardware and software to automate it, even at 20 bucks an hour.

      Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
      N 44.082147  W 92.513085 1050' EN34rb
      Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

      Message 86 of 86 , Oct 7, 2008
        > > My idea if I need it is to hire someone to do it for me
        >
        > I'd probably pay per QSO (.28 cents/QSO is the same amount of money).
        > Find a young'in at the next meeting and offer it up. Worth a try.

        It's unclear whether this is just rhetorical, but lemme point out that
        if you're serious about letting somebody else do it, there's always
        the Mechanical Turk at amazon.com. (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome)

        You can put up a job of any type and offer, say, a penny per QSO, and
        somebody out there will do it to keep from having to watch Jerry Springer.

        Just a suggestion

        73, W5EPW