Re: LOTW's biggest paroblem

  • yoteman2
    Message 1 of 86 , Oct 1, 2008
      Thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize my call wasn't there it
      was just my user name.

      Chuck - AD7OY
      aka yoteman2

      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "yoteman2" <yoteman2@...> wrote:

      > Many of you are correct that if I use the "right" software or have
      > programming skills I could use the sytem more easily. However,
      the
      > right software for me just doesnt cut it on the system right now.
      >
      > As I said, I will continue to upload a couple of times a year so
      all
      > of you who want the convenience of not having to participate in
      > the "final courtesy" can have the credit of a contact with me.
      >
      > I can only sit here and laugh at the concept of the incredible
      > expense of QSL cards however. My software automatically formats
      the
      > data when I hit the button to log the contact, enters it on the
      card
      > and prints it on a quality color printer for pennies per card. If
      > the great expense of an envelope is a problem the card can be sent
      > for less than a quarter as a post card.
      >
      > For those of you who will now say that retired people on fixed
      > incomes cannot afford it please understand that I am retired on a
      > medical disability, and I think it is a safe bet that you have a
      > couple thousand dollars minimum tied up in your shack so that dog
      > wont hunt with me.
      >
      > If you contact me you will be getting a card in the mail and I
      would
      > appreciate your recipricating, after all I am uploading for your
      > convenience so please send me a card for mine.

    • Bill Gearhiser
      Message 86 of 86 , Oct 7, 2008
        > > My idea if I need it is to hire someone to do it for me
        >
        > I'd probably pay per QSO (.28 cents/QSO is the same amount of money).
        > Find a young'in at the next meeting and offer it up. Worth a try.

        It's unclear whether this is just rhetorical, but lemme point out that
        if you're serious about letting somebody else do it, there's always
        the Mechanical Turk at amazon.com. (https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome)

        You can put up a job of any type and offer, say, a penny per QSO, and
        somebody out there will do it to keep from having to watch Jerry Springer.

        Just a suggestion

        73, W5EPW