Should this be changed?

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
      This probably doesn't bother anybody else but:

      On the home page it gives me the total of qso's I've entered and total qsl's
      I've received.
      As I have 3 certificates for my own calls and 1 for the non USA station I
      manage, it totals them all up.

      Basically this is useless information for me.

      Wouldn't it be better to list qso's/qsl's for each certificate such as

      WN9VOL 1200 QSO RECORDS & 1100 QSL RECORDS
      W9OL 4000 QSO RECORDS & 3000 QSL RECORDS
      YO3APJ 51000 QSO RECORDS & 41 QSL RECORDS
      ETC.

      Pretty sure the system can do this.

      And the LoTW qsl report will probably list all logs together which is really
      a problem for me.
      Shouldn't the report allow us to select which callsign or certificate we
      want the report for?

      Or is this a future enhancement?

      A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.

      W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland
    • Mike Mellinger WA0SXV
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
        The QSL report one is easy. Go to the Query form on the Your QSO's page and
        select "Your Callsign", then check "Confirmed QSO's only", then push the
        "Submit" button.

        The summaries are another story...

        Mike

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
          I'm aware of that.
          but that doesn't help with the downloadable lotwreport.adi
          and it doesn't help with the summaries.

          I do the select callsign now as I'm not really interested how many qsl's the
          YO3 gets. hihi
          (I'm still waiting to see if I get a qsl for WN9VOL from the 60's. As
          yet...none)

          > The QSL report one is easy. Go to the Query form on the Your QSO's page
          and
          > select "Your Callsign", then check "Confirmed QSO's only", then push the
          > "Submit" button.
          >
          > The summaries are another story...

        • Michael Keane, K1MK
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
            At 07:58 AM 11/1/03, you wrote:

            >This probably doesn't bother anybody else but: ...
            >
            >Wouldn't it be better to list qso's/qsl's for each certificate...
            >
            >Pretty sure the system can do this.

            Of course the system can do that.

            All it will takes is the programmer time to implement it. Make the
            suggestion to lotw-help@.... Let them know what you'd like to see and
            maybe they can get it put on their list of things to do. If it isn't there
            already.

            >And the LoTW qsl report will probably list all logs together which is really
            >a problem for me.

            That is true for the "stock" report (the ADIF file) that you'll get if you
            press the "Download Report" button on the "Download Report" web page.

            >Shouldn't the report allow us to select which callsign or certificate we
            >want the report for?

            Well LoTW already has the capability to produce custom reports. For example
            it's possible right now to have LoTW generate an ADIF file containing QSOs
            or QSLs for just one "owncall" rather than all of them.

            >Or is this a future enhancement?

            What's missing is a convenient way for the user to generate a custom query.

            The web-savvy user can see how to go about generating an appropriate query
            URL from the docs at <http://www.arrl.org/lotw/developer/adifout.html>.

            For the rest, look for it as new feature either from LoTW or
            outside developers.

            73,
            Mike K1MK

            Michael Keane K1MK
            k1mk@...
          • Ron Wetjen
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
              Michael Keane, K1MK wrote:

              >>Shouldn't the report allow us to select which callsign or certificate we
              >>want the report for?
              >

              > Well LoTW already has the capability to produce custom reports. For example
              > it's possible right now to have LoTW generate an ADIF file containing QSOs
              > or QSLs for just one "owncall" rather than all of them.
              >

              >>Or is this a future enhancement?
              >

              > What's missing is a convenient way for the user to generate a custom query.
              >
              > The web-savvy user can see how to go about generating an appropriate query
              > URL from the docs at <http://www.arrl.org/lotw/developer/adifout.html>.

              AHHHH ... I asked this same question a couple days ago. With Mike's
              information, was able to generate a report for just ONE callsign.

              You'll have to type in the query string into your web browser. An
              example (which would be all one line - broken here for display purposes) is:

              https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=yourcall&
              password=yourpassword&qso_query=1&qso_owncall=yourcall

              The login=yourcall is the callsign you use to log into LoTW

              The password=yourpassword is the password you use to log into LoTW

              The qso_owncall=yourcall is the callsign you want to generate an ADIF
              QSL report on. If you have several calls registered, use the call you
              want to check.

              There are other query strings you can use, but I think this is the one
              most with multiple calls are interested in.

              Tried it, and my "all call" QSL record went from 3,016 down to 2,190 for
              one call I wanted to check, so it appears to work.

              73, Ron
            • Ron Wetjen
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
                I wrote:

                > https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=yourcall&
                > password=yourpassword&qso_query=1&qso_owncall=yourcall
                >
                > The login=yourcall is the callsign you use to log into LoTW
                >
                > The password=yourpassword is the password you use to log into LoTW
                >
                > The qso_owncall=yourcall is the callsign you want to generate an ADIF
                > QSL report on. If you have several calls registered, use the call you
                > want to check.
                >
                > There are other query strings you can use, but I think this is the one
                > most with multiple calls are interested in.

                After further experimentation, the URL above does not return the QSL
                details (grid square, county, etc.). You must add an additional search
                string.

                A corrected URL that will include all the QSL data for a specific call
                (if you have more than one registered) is:

                https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?login=yourcall&
                password=yourpassword&qso_query=1&qso_owncall=yourcall&qso_qsldetail=yes

                73, Ron
              • Pete Smith
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
                  At 08:36 AM 11/1/03 -0500, K1MK wrote:
                  >What's missing is a convenient way for the user to generate a custom query.

                  Would it be difficult for them to create a form with a series of checkboxes
                  and fill-in fields? For example, in this case you'd check the qso_owncall
                  (or a user-friendly label for same) box and fill in the callsign you wanted
                  to specify.

                  73, Pete N4ZR
                  The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
                  2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
                  Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm
                • Michael Keane, K1MK
                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
                    Hi Pete,

                    At 10:14 AM 11/1/03, Pete Smith wrote:
                    >At 08:36 AM 11/1/03 -0500, K1MK wrote:
                    > >What's missing is a convenient way for the user to generate a custom query.
                    >
                    >Would it be difficult for them to create a form with a series of checkboxes
                    >and fill-in fields?

                    Technically it's trivial. I'm quite sure the difficulty to be encountered
                    is finding enough time to get this done plus do all the other good things
                    that are on their To Do and Wish lists... patience ;-)

                    73,
                    Mike K1MK

                    Michael Keane K1MK
                    k1mk@...
                  • Pete Smith
                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 1, 2003
                      At 11:28 AM 11/1/03 -0500, you wrote:

                      >Hi Pete,
                      >
                      >At 10:14 AM 11/1/03, Pete Smith wrote:
                      > >At 08:36 AM 11/1/03 -0500, K1MK wrote:
                      > > >What's missing is a convenient way for the user to generate a custom
                      > query.
                      > >
                      > >Would it be difficult for them to create a form with a series of checkboxes
                      > >and fill-in fields?
                      >
                      >Technically it's trivial. I'm quite sure the difficulty to be encountered
                      >is finding enough time to get this done plus do all the other good things
                      >that are on their To Do and Wish lists... patience ;-)

                      Indeed, I'm looking forward to a series of pleasant surprises from LotW
                      over the months ahead.

                      Do we need a new Q signal for "will QSL via LotW?" I've tried that on CW a
                      few times and have yet to get any coherent response.

                      73, Pete N4ZR
                      The World HF Contest Station Database was updated October 29.
                      2469 stations are listed -- 29 new and over 100 updated.
                      Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm
                    • David Gynn
                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                        Have just seen your email and totally agree with you.  I have uploaded my UK logs and one of my older Hong Kong logs.  I don't really want to see the Summaries combined either

                        Dave (G3SBP)

                        At 06:58 01/11/2003 -0600, FireBrick wrote:
[...]

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        19b126.jpg
                        19b1b2.jpg

                      • Hans K0HB
                        Message 11 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                          Ditto!

                          I have logs from four previous locations plus my current QTH I'd like to upload, plus I am trustee for two radio club calls which are very active in field day, contests, etc.  That is really 7 different stations, and LoTW seems to mingle them all together in one stew.

                          73, Hans, K0HB

                          BTW:  Seems to me that contesters are the major users of LoTW.  Sweepstakes CW weekend is just 12-hours ended, and I already have several dozen hits on the log I uploaded last evening.

                          73, de Hans, K0HB

                          Sent: 11/3/03 2:15:55 PM
                          Subject: Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Should this be changed?

                          Message 12 of 12 , Nov 3, 2003
                            I had my SS log up onto LoTW about an hour after contest end.