DXCC time frame

  • w6wtg
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
      What is the time frame from you apply for DXCC via LOTW?
      I was thinking it was faster then going thru sending the cards thru
      ARRL?

      Anyone has any insight?
      Thnaks
      Terry
    • Fusaro, Norm W3IZ
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
        About 10 days for a pure LoTW DXCC application.

        A few weeks for a mixed or hybrid application.  As soon as the paper portion is checked in the LoTW prcess is completed.

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
          At 09:29 PM 4/1/2008, w6wtg wrote:
          >What is the time frame from you apply for DXCC via LOTW?
          >I was thinking it was faster then going thru sending the cards thru
          >ARRL?

          That doesn't appear to be the case, at least in my experience. I
          submitted a hybrid application (less than a dozen field checked cards
          along with a similar number of LotW credits) and it was processed in
          order with all the other applications submitted around the same time.
          I sort of hoped the small number of credits would help, but it didn't.
          I guess it's fair to process all applications strictly in the order
          they're received regardless of source.

          What you get from LotW is time (no mail delays) and less risk of lost
          cards in the mail.
        • k1xv
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
            I think if the only credits you seek are LOTW credits with no paper
            cards, it is pretty fast. However, a hybrid application with any
            number of paper cards is processed no faster than the 12 or 13 weeks
            it takes for processing paper cards alone. I had a submission on Dec
            18 of last year, and the confirmations were credited on LOTW in mid March.

            It seems all of my applications are hybrid applications, and it always
            seems that right after I make an application, another useful
            confirmation or two shows up in LOTW. With the application I made
            this Monday I should now snag 5 band with a 17 m. endorsement. I
            probably won't make another application until I qualify for another
            award, probably 12 meter DXCC. I am about 3 short of Honor Roll.
            Every time I work a new one, it seems that they add a new one.
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2008
              At 10:05 PM 4/1/2008, Fusaro, Norm W3IZ wrote:
              >About 10 days for a pure LoTW DXCC application.
              >
              >A few weeks for a mixed or hybrid application. As soon as the paper
              >portion is checked in the LoTW prcess is completed.

              Wow, that's a lot better than just a few months ago.

              My hybrid application was submited last July and finished in December.
              4 or more months.
              If HQ has cleared up the backlog that well, I'm very impressed.
            • Anthony W. DePrato
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                At 09:29 PM 4/1/2008, you wrote:
                What is the time frame from you apply for DXCC via LOTW?
                I was thinking it was faster then going thru sending the cards thru
                ARRL?

                Anyone has any insight?
                Thnaks
                Terry

                Terry i sent cards and also an on line LOTW update. the update took about a week . i sent the cards on  12-12-07 and am still waiting.

                73 Tony

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    mailto:ARRL-LOTW-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    mailto:ARRL-LOTW-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

                ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
                Since 1962
                CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
                A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P. LODGE 68
                DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
                DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
                South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
                CALLS HELD:
                WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
                ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI

              • k1xv
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                  --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@...> wrote:

                  > >Terry i sent cards and also an on line LOTW update. the update took
                  > >about a week . i sent the cards on 12-12-07 and am still waiting.

                  ----------

                  Yes, one thing is clear. If you want quick DXCC credit for your LOTW
                  confirmations, do not mix them with a paper card submission. Make an
                  electronic DXCC submission with LOTW confirmations only. Then, if you
                  have paper cards that also need credit, make a separate submission
                  with only paper cards. That separate submission with take about three
                  months to be credited to your DXCC.

                  Also, be aware, you cannot make a new electronic LOTW submission until
                  your prior submission is fully processed.
                • Anthony W. DePrato

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 2, 2008
                      The last item (not being able to submit another application until the
                      previous has cleared) for me is a killer.

                      At least with cards, you can submit at any time and get your application
                      in the queue.

                      For me, new ones are few and far between. Submittals to be of any size
                      have to be mixed cards and LOTW. However the new ones are goodies.
                      Having to sit on them for more than 12 weeks is a pain--eespecially when
                      they keep you up near the top. I'm sitting of FJ's, VU7's, YI , YA and
                      a bunch of 160M cards that are worthy of a separate submittal.

                      I view the "multiple submittals" limitation as arbitrary and actually
                      counter productive to acceptance of LOTW. (If the software limits this
                      capability, shame on the program designers) After all what would be more
                      seductive than submitting important new ones when you get them? Of
                      course, submittal cost is always a factor but being locked out just
                      doesn't make sense.

                      73 de Brian/K3KO

                      k1xv wrote:

                      >--- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony W. DePrato" <wa4jqs@...> wrote:
                      >

                      >>>Terry i sent cards and also an on line LOTW update. the update took
                      >>>about a week . i sent the cards on 12-12-07 and am still waiting.
                      >>>

                      >Also, be aware, you cannot make a new electronic LOTW submission until
                      >your prior submission is fully processed.

                    • Bill
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 9, 2008
                        It must be near a record, I submitted an LoTW only application for a
                        DXCC endorsement for mixed and cw and it is done. There were only 5
                        LoTW QSLs, but I wanted to get the VP6 and FJ counted for honor
                        role. I thought it would be at least a few days, but it was
                        completed and now shows up in the LoTW listings in less than 4
                        hours. Quite a bit different from the mixed submission last year,
                        which took from December "06 to April "07". Thanks to Bill Moore
                        and his crew for a real quick turn-around.

                        Bill, N5RR

                        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "w6wtg" <w6wtg@...> wrote:

                        > What is the time frame from you apply for DXCC via LOTW?
                        > I was thinking it was faster then going thru sending the cards
                        thru
                        > ARRL?
                        >
                        > Anyone has any insight?
                        > Thnaks
                        > Terry

                      • Phil Sauvey
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 9, 2008
                          Bill,

                          I am still working on my DXCC with LOTW but on that same subject, I just sent for an endorsement for my WAS (CW) via LOTW and it was shown as issued in less than 24 hours.

                          Phil
                          KL8DX

                          http://mail.yahoo.com