Moving and starting over on WAS

  • W4LDE-Ron
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 5:13 AM
      >> Ed W0SD wrote

      >>One thing I got tripped up on. You may only create one WAS account for
      >>a call sign.

      >>Ed W0SD

      Ed,

      Then how can one start over after relocating over the fifty mile limit which is exactly
      what is going to happen to me in about 2 months.

      I will keep my call and am still in the same call district W4, you can set the beginning and end dates to ignore
      QSL cards after a specific date for a specific account. I'm not sure to restart the WAS award for the same call with a new start date and a new QTH info.

      Ron - W4LDE
    • Robert Chudek - K0RC
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 6:19 AM
        Ron,

        Log onto LoTW.
        Click the Awards tab.
        On the left side you can select either your DXCC or WAS account(s).
        The text panel on the right side has an overview regarding setting up accounts.
        Below the WAS button should be "Create a new WAS Account" button.
        Click that button and you will get further instructions to setup additional WAS accounts.

        73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

        >>One thing I got tripped up on. You may only create one WAS account for
        >>a call sign.

        >>Ed W0SD

        Ed,

        Then how can one start over after relocating over the fifty mile limit which is exactly
        what is going to happen to me in about 2 months.

        I will keep my call and am still in the same call district W4, you can set the beginning and end dates to ignore
        QSL cards after a specific date for a specific account. I'm not sure to restart the WAS award for the same call with a new start date and a new QTH info.

        Ron - W4LDE

      • Ed Gray W0SD
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4 7:20 AM
          Ron,

          I did not make my statement as clear as it should of been about one
          account per call sign. I should of said one account per call sign
          location. My understanding is it is OK "IF" you have a different
          location, then you can have the same call sign(certificate) and create
          one account for each location. Given that you need to match qso's to get
          an LOTW confirmation and you will be using the same call it think the
          following answer in the LOTW FAQ's should help answer your question.

          LOTW FAQ:
          I used the same call from several different locations in the same DXCC
          entity -- I didn't sign portable. Do I need a separate certificate for
          each location?

          LOTW ANSWER:
          No. In TQSL you can create as many different station locations (the QTH
          from where you operated) as you need. You will need to consolidate those
          QSOs from each different location, however. Once you have parsed your
          log correctly, you then sign those log extracts with your primary
          certificate, but make sure you select the correct station location for
          that particular log extract. Be sure to give each station location a
          different name.

          If you signed with a portable, such as NT1N/6, or NT1N/R, you should
          obtain a separate certificate for those calls. Remember, those stations
          who worked you as NT1N/6 will not get a match to their data if you sign