W1AW now on eQSL

  • Orest 'Andy' Zajac
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
      Don't know how many LOTW users know that W1AW is now registered with
      eQSL.cc as Authenticity Guaranteed (AG). Is it possible that LOTW will
      now or in the near future recognize eQSLs as legitimate and will count
      those confirmed QSOs for ARRL awards?
      I myself have gotten 2 eQSLs from W1AW for contacts made in 2007.
      73
      Andy - N1ORK
    • GERRY
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008

        Boy, personally I hope not. eQSL does not have the double blind security that LoTW has to maintain the integrity of the DXCC program. One can "fish" for new ones on eQSL where it's not possible on LoTW.

        Gerry
        VE6LB/VA6XDX
        ARRL DXCC Card Checker
        VE/VA6 QSL Bureau Team
        (403) 251-6520
        ve6lb (at) telus (dot) net
        www.qsl.net/ve6lb/
        Don't know how many LOTW users know that W1AW is now registered with
        eQSL.cc as Authenticity Guaranteed (AG). Is it possible that LOTW will
        now or in the near future recognize eQSLs as legitimate and will count
        those confirmed QSOs for ARRL awards?
        I myself have gotten 2 eQSLs from W1AW for contacts made in 2007.
        73
        Andy - N1ORK

      • Robert Chudek - K0RC
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
          Unfortunately, whoever uploaded the W1AW/4 log(s) didn't create a new identity for their portable 4 location. I rejected all these cards with a note to that effect. That said, I wonder if they did the same thing on LoTW? I guess the double blind security prevents identifying and fixing an honest mistake like this. Sure glad this wasn't the P5 card I need.  :-)

          73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 29, 2008
            I received EQSL's for W1AW for the IARU HF contest.  I rejected these since my contact was with W1AW/4 and not in the state of CT as QSL'd.  I have not seen any W1AW eqsl's for other contacts.

            Ron
            N4VZ