RE: [ARRL-LOTW] received via LoTW today - oldest LotW QSL?

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
      On 1/14/2008 10:02:29 AM, Art Searle W2NRA (w2nra@...) wrote:
      > So who has the oldest LotW QSL?

      I have for my WA9VOL call

      SM4DHF for a Feb 20, 1971 qso
      G3SJX for a Feb 21, 1971 qso

      no LoTW qsls as yet for my WN9VOL callsign.

      If anyone would check their old 15 meter logs from July 1967- May 68 for
      WN9VOL, and upload it to LoTW, it would be a kick.
    • Anthony W. DePrato
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008

        If anyone would check their old 15 meter logs from  July 1967- May 68 for
        WN9VOL, and upload it to LoTW, it would be a kick.

        well i thought about putting my 1962 logs on lotw but figure most of the hams are SK now but who knows might just do it and see if i can get a match. did work lots of KC4's wish i still has some of the old ICE cards from the early 60's that i worked. they all got lost in a move with the Navy.

        73 Tony

        QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

        ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
        Since 1962
        CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
        A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P. LODGE 68
        DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
        DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
        South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
        CALLS HELD:
        WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
        ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI

      • Robert Chudek - K0RC
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
          Hey Tony... I got my Novice license in January of 1962... don't count me dead yet!  :-)

          73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
            At 08:10 PM 1/14/2008, you wrote:
            Hey Tony... I got my Novice license in January of 1962... don't count me dead yet!  :-)

            73 de Bob - KØRC in MN
             Great News Bob.. you have be by a few months  sept 9th 1962 passed my general. was on AM for years.. you may be in the log

            73 Tony

            QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

            ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
            Since 1962
            CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
            A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573   SKCC #1227 F.O.P. LODGE 68
            DXCC PHONE- DXCC CW- DXCC RTTY- DXCC MIXED
            DXCC 40, 20, 15, 10 METERS
            South Sandwich Island Dxpedition Group
            CALLS HELD:
            WA4JQS/ZS1, WA4JQS/KC4, WA4JQS/4K1
            ZD8JQS, V31SS, VP8BZL, VP8SSI, 3Y0PI

          • Joseph Lutz
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
              Well, I started to download my 1st logs - starting 05-25-55,
              and it isn't as easy as I thought.  Amazing when one first
              starts out - how they log!! And you can see the progression
              of how it gets like it should.  So, I have to make up a cheat
              sheet to get the times/dates correct as I logged in local
              time, and have pages of 'CQ - no answer' - back when you
              were required to log everything.  I also doubt that I will
              get any 'hits' but if any one has their old logs from the
              50's - mine start with WN7ZQV, progresses to W7ZQV
              [from Marietta WA in early 60's, and then I will upload
              W7ZQV/KG6 also from early 60's].  I am pretty sure I
              have all the others uploaded.  Getting quite a few for
              the /DU2 stint 79-81, so I may get some for /KG6 back
              in the early 60's.  We shall see.
              73,
              JOE W7LPF

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                I got mine in DEC 1953. It was W0RYM at that time. I was 15.

                Gil, W0MN http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
                N 44.082147  W 92.513085 1050'
                Hierro Candente, Batir de repente

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                  I am not a good enough typist to type in 12 LOGBOOKS of data. It would be nice if I could but it ain't gonna happen. I never worked WN(VOL to my knowledge.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 15, 2008
                    On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 11:02:29AM -0500, Art Searle W2NRA wrote:
                    > So who has the oldest LotW QSL?

                    Not me, but my very first HF QSO is in there. It was only 1999, mind
                    you. With HS0/G3NOM, on 10m. I used my 2m vertical with my antenna
                    tuner.

                    Hamish
                    --
                    Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>