LOTW Contest RTTY - Amazing QSL Rate

  • timgep
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
      I just checked LOTW for confirmations from the LOTW RTTY
      contest, and the results are HUGE! I have 79 confirmations
      for 111 QSO's, making a 71.2% rate!! And the QSLs are still coming in!

      Tim K6GEP
    • k1xv
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "timgep" <timgep@...> wrote:

        > I just checked LOTW for confirmations from the LOTW RTTY
        > contest, and the results are HUGE! I have 79 confirmations
        > for 111 QSO's, making a 71.2% rate!! And the QSLs are still coming in!
        >
        > Tim K6GEP

        Well, Tim, as it was a LOTW contest, it would be more surprising if
        you got a low LOTW QSL rate. Good to hear anyway.

      • timgep
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
          --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "k1xv" <k1xv@...> wrote:

          > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "timgep" <timgep@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I just checked LOTW for confirmations from the LOTW RTTY
          > > contest, and the results are HUGE! I have 79 confirmations
          > > for 111 QSO's, making a 71.2% rate!! And the QSLs are still coming in!
          > >
          > > Tim K6GEP
          >
          > Well, Tim, as it was a LOTW contest, it would be more surprising if
          > you got a low LOTW QSL rate. Good to hear anyway.

          I only operated the Makrothen RTTY, and not the not the off times,
          so I still think it is incredible.

          I looked at my totals for the LOTW SSB Contest and I only have
          a 35% QSL rate. These were from my SSB contacts from the California
          QSO party during the LOTW SSB Contest.

          Tim
        • Art Searle W2NRA
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 30, 2007
            Interesting!  I only started playing in RTTY contests 3 years ago.  I only had 56 RTTY QSOs prior to that (from 1990 to 2004).  I now have a grand total of 5321 RTTY QSOs.  I have 2585 LotW RTTY QSLs.  That is a 48 1/2 % LotW QSL rate.  I'm sure anyone who RTTY contests would match that.

            I guess it's
            Radio + Computer = RTTY
            RTTY + LotW = QSLs
            QSLs = RTTY DXCC (I have 100) & RTTY WAS (need Vermont for LotW RTTY WAS)

            73 Art W2NRA
            "Keep to the Code!"
            w2nra.com