Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Help?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2007
      At 09:04 PM 8/29/2007, Murray wrote:
      >I just sent this e-mail out to ARRL but I am hoping someone here can
      >help me faster....
      >I am having some trouble getting tQSL to take my certs. Back a few
      >months ago I got a new PC and loaded N3FJP's logging software to
      >continue using as my log.

      On your new PC, did you import your saved certificate? You should have
      a .p12 file saved from your old PC; importing that on your new PC is
      necessary to get your private key restored.

      If you didn't do that, you must start over. If you know your postcard
      password, lotw-help@... can help you recover with a new cert.

      >I now have close to 150 contacts to be logged and I can not connect to
      >LoTW because I do not have a signed cert. All I get is a circle with a
      >line.

      That probably means you don't have a valid private key for the
      certificate you're trying to use. Restore it from your backup .p12
      file. If you don't have a backup, contact lotw-help.

      Again, for emphasis: your certificate, which you can download from the
      LotW site, has a corresponding private key. That private key is ONLY
      stored on your PC. If you don't back it up elsewhere, it CAN NOT BE
      RECOVERED. Mine is stored on a floppy in my desk drawer, on two
      separate PCs, and on a USB thumb drive. Note that my last name is
      Murphy, so I'm pretty careful about such things. :-)