RE: [ARRL-LOTW] DXCC Credits

  • ao.rangi
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 1, 2007
      Thanks for all the help with this.
      Subsequent to the Linking Request I now have the View Award Credit Matrix
      link.

      Bryan, ZL1NI

    • Mac
      Message 2 of 28 , Apr 16, 2013
        There was an article in QST not long ago explaining how we could
        DX info posted to the LOTW database without having to apply for
        an award to do it. Can anyone point me to that article?

        Thanks
        John
        K4OP
      • VE6LB
        Message 3 of 28 , Apr 16, 2013

          You never need to apply for an award to upload your logs to LoTW (your email is a bit strange).

          73 Gerry VE6LB

          Message 4 of 28 , Apr 17, 2013
            Thank you for the common knowledge URL and the unhelpful
            commentary.
            I withdraw my request for assistance.

            --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "VE6LB" <ve6lb@...> wrote:

            > You never need to apply for an award to upload your logs to LoTW (your email is a bit strange).
            >
            > It’s all at: http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world
            >
            > 73 Gerry VE6LB

          • VE6LB
            Message 5 of 28 , Apr 17, 2013

              href="http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world">http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world

              > 73 Gerry VE6LB

              16, 2013 12:58 PM
              > To:
              href="mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] DXCC Credits
              >

              > There was
              an article in QST not long ago explaining how we could
              > DX info posted to
              the LOTW database without having to apply for
              > an award to do it. Can
              anyone point me to that article?

              > Thanks
              > John

              K4OP

            • VE6LB
              Message 6 of 28 , Apr 17, 2013

                Sorry Mac that you took exception to my attempt to help.

                I did not understand your sentence:
                not long ago explaining how we could
                > DX info posted to the LOTW
                So I gave it my best guess.

                LoTW is a free service and you don’t have to apply for any awards. You do need to get a free certificate from LoTW to use the site for security purposes and that’s all explained at the link I included which has all the same information as the QST article and more.

                73, Gerry VE6LB

                Thank you for the common knowledge URL and the unhelpful
                commentary.
                I withdraw my request for assistance.

                --- In mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com, "VE6LB" <ve6lb@...> wrote:

                > You never need to
                apply for an award to upload your logs to LoTW (your email is a bit strange).

                > It’s all at:
                href="http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world">http://www.arrl.org/logbook-of-the-world

                > 73 Gerry VE6LB

                16, 2013 12:58 PM
                > To:
                href="mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:ARRL-LOTW%40yahoogroups.com
                > Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] DXCC Credits
                >

                > There was
                an article in QST not long ago explaining how we could
                > DX info posted to
                the LOTW database without having to apply for
                > an award to do it. Can
                anyone point me to that article?

                > Thanks
                > John

                K4OP

              • Chuck Milam, N9KY
                Message 7 of 28 , Apr 17, 2013
                  On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Mac <johnmccarthy@...> wrote:

                  Thank you for the common knowledge URL and the unhelpful
                  commentary.
                  I withdraw my request for assistance.

                  John, please go back and read your original message.  Read it aloud to yourself, if it helps:

                  > There was an article in QST not long ago explaining how we could
                  > DX info posted to the LOTW database without having to apply for
                  > an award to do it. Can anyone point me to that article?

                  The "unhelpful commentary" was included because it's not clear what you were asking in your original message.

                  --
                  Chuck Milam, N9KY
                  N9KY@...
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 17, 2013
                    Me thinks if he doesn't want help, he posted the question very well.
                    If he really wanted help, he might have posted something we could all understand.
                    I know his original question made no sense to me. But I wasn't sure if it was just me. At least now I know I wasn't alone...

                    73

                    Sent from my phone...
                    Bob