deleting a certificate

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      I had obtained a certificate for a station I was serving as his manager.
      I would upload his qso's to LoTW.
      He did not have internet access at that time that permitted him 'private'
      use.

      He now does, and has obtained his own account and is uploading his qso's to
      that account.

      What I'd like to do...is remove it from my certificate list.
      It will not expire till 2009.

      I want to make sure, that if I go to tQSL Certificates and select the
      certificate choice.
      When I click on 'Delete', it will not cause a problem with any of the qsls
      previously generated and any that DX stations new personal certificate will
      generate.

      Also I want to make sure it won't effect his new certificate and use of
      LoTW.

      Has anyone ever done this?

      Do jellyfish get gas from eating jellybeans?

      Bill H. in Chicagoland
      webcams at http://76.16.160.118:8080/
      weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
        At 11:54 AM 7/1/2007, FireBrick wrote:
        >I had obtained a certificate for a station I was serving as his manager.
        >I would upload his qso's to LoTW.
        >He did not have internet access at that time that permitted him 'private'
        >use.
        >
        >He now does, and has obtained his own account and is uploading his
        >qso's to
        >that account.
        >
        >What I'd like to do...is remove it from my certificate list.
        >It will not expire till 2009.
        >
        >I want to make sure, that if I go to tQSL Certificates and select the
        >certificate choice.
        >When I click on 'Delete', it will not cause a problem with any of the
        >qsls
        >previously generated and any that DX stations new personal certificate
        >will
        >generate.

        Deleting the certificate on your system will not affect the QSOs
        already uploaded to LotW. Doing that will not permit you to upload any
        new QSOs, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

        >Also I want to make sure it won't effect his new certificate and use of
        >LoTW.

        It will not affect the certificate that has. I'm somewhat suprised that
        LotW let him make another certificate request for the same call, but
        now that he has his own valid certificate, whatever you do with your
        account won't affect his.