Uploaded Wrong QTH

  • Ken Kinyon
    Message 1 of 7 , May 22, 2007
      I uploaded a bunch of QSO's a few weeks ago and signed them with the wrong
      location. I used the one I had set up for pre 1993 when I lived in Washington
      State. I noticed it today and thought no problem, I will just upload them again
      with the right location (Colorado). All went fine except that I had received
      several QSLs for those contacts, and it would not change those. So several
      stations have a QSL confirmation from Washington instead of Colorado. Is there
      any way to fix those?
      Thanks,
      Ken W7TS

      -------------------
      Kenneth E. Kinyon
      34 Princeton Circle
      Longmont, CO 80503-2106
      -----------------------
      E-mail: W7TS@...
      ------------------
    • R Johnson
      Message 2 of 7 , May 22, 2007
        Hi:
        If you messed up on the location that you used to sign YOUR LOCATION for a LoTW QSO
        all you need to do is:

        1- Sort you're locations FOR the QSO'S you worked them from.

        2- Create a new location in the LoTW setup for really you made the QSO's from.

        3- Resign your LoTW submissions using TQSL AND the correct location for the QSO's.

        4- Resubmit your ENTIRE Log/Logs with the appropriate Locations.

        5- Please make sure that you that you use YOUR correct ITU Zone , CQ Zone, Grid, County
        and State for each location you worked each station from !!!

        6- If you don't get it correct, neither You or the Other Station will EVER get credit from LoTW.

        7- Once you get things setup correctly in TQSL, you are done until you change QTH's !!!

        8- If you need additional help on how to setup your "Station Data" for each location you used. either
        contract me directly or VIA the this List. Many of us can help you out.

        73 es GL
        Bob, K1VU
        Ex: WN1OFR,WA1OFR

        At 18:51 5/22/2007, Ken Kinyon wrote:

        >I uploaded a bunch of QSO's a few weeks ago and signed them with the wrong
        >location. I used the one I had set up for pre 1993 when I lived in Washington
        >State. I noticed it today and thought no problem, I will just upload them again
        >with the right location (Colorado). All went fine except that I had received
        >several QSLs for those contacts, and it would not change those. So several
        >stations have a QSL confirmation from Washington instead of Colorado. Is there
        >any way to fix those?
        >Thanks,
        >Ken W7TS
        >
        >-------------------
        >Kenneth E. Kinyon
        >34 Princeton Circle
        >Longmont, CO 80503-2106
        >-----------------------
        >E-mail: <mailto:W7TS%40comcast.net>W7TS@...
        >------------------

      • Ken Kinyon
        Message 3 of 7 , May 22, 2007
          Hi Bob,
          I only messed 30 QSOs.
          I did basically what you said. When I discovered it today (about two weeks
          later) I resigned those thirty QSOs with the correct location and resubmitted
          them.
          However LOTW accepted and changed only those I did not yet have LOTW QSLs for.
          The half a dozen or so that had already been QSLed rejected and would not allow
          the location to be changed. That is what I am trying to see if I can fix. Is
          there any way to change the confirmed ones?.
          73,
          Ken W7TS
          If you messed up on the location that you used to sign YOUR LOCATION for a LoTW
          QSO
          all you need to do is:

          1- Sort you're locations FOR the QSO'S you worked them from.

          2- Create a new location in the LoTW setup for really you made the QSO's from.

          3- Resign your LoTW submissions using TQSL AND the correct location for the
          QSO's.

          4- Resubmit your ENTIRE Log/Logs with the appropriate Locations.

          5- Please make sure that you that you use YOUR correct ITU Zone , CQ Zone, Grid,
          County
          and State for each location you worked each station from !!!

          6- If you don't get it correct, neither You or the Other Station will EVER get
          credit from LoTW.

          7- Once you get things setup correctly in TQSL, you are done until you change
          QTH's !!!

          8- If you need additional help on how to setup your "Station Data" for each
          location you used. either
          contract me directly or VIA the this List. Many of us can help you out.

          73 es GL
          Bob, K1VU
          Ex: WN1OFR,WA1OFR

          At 18:51 5/22/2007, Ken Kinyon wrote:

          >I uploaded a bunch of QSO's a few weeks ago and signed them with the wrong
          >location. I used the one I had set up for pre 1993 when I lived in Washington
          >State. I noticed it today and thought no problem, I will just upload them again
          >with the right location (Colorado). All went fine except that I had received
          >several QSLs for those contacts, and it would not change those. So several
          >stations have a QSL confirmation from Washington instead of Colorado. Is there
          >any way to fix those?
          >Thanks,
          >Ken W7TS
          >
          >-------------------
          >Kenneth E. Kinyon
          >34 Princeton Circle
          >Longmont, CO 80503-2106
          >-----------------------
          >E-mail: <mailto:W7TS%40comcast.net>W7TS@...
        • Robert Chudek
          Message 4 of 7 , May 22, 2007
            Ken,

            You will probably need to talk to the LoTW Desk about this situation. As you know, there is no "delete" feature in LoTW, only the "update", which you have already tried.

            When you compare your situation to a printed QSL card, it's pretty much the same deal. Once you put it in the mail and it's delivered at the other end, the other fellow has your QSL, whether the information on it is right or wrong.

            What you might want to consider is to create 6 new QSO confirmations and move the timestamp ahead one minute. The system may accept these new (corrected) entries in addition to the existing old (bad) entries. This would be equivalent to sending a new card after you discovered the mistake.

            But the issue still stands regarding how the LoTW Desk recommends dealing with this scenario, especially if these bad confirmations have been used toward WAS.

            I would like to know what the recommendation will be.

            73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

            If you messed up on the location that you used to sign YOUR LOCATION for a LoTW
            QSO
            all you need to do is:

            1- Sort you're locations FOR the QSO'S you worked them from.

            2- Create a new location in the LoTW setup for really you made the QSO's from.

            3- Resign your LoTW submissions using TQSL AND the correct location for the
            QSO's.

            4- Resubmit your ENTIRE Log/Logs with the appropriate Locations.

            5- Please make sure that you that you use YOUR correct ITU Zone , CQ Zone, Grid,
            County
            and State for each location you worked each station from !!!

            6- If you don't get it correct, neither You or the Other Station will EVER get
            credit from LoTW.

            7- Once you get things setup correctly in TQSL, you are done until you change
            QTH's !!!

            8- If you need additional help on how to setup your "Station Data" for each
            location you used. either
            contract me directly or VIA the this List. Many of us can help you out.

            73 es GL
            Bob, K1VU
            Ex: WN1OFR,WA1OFR

            At 18:51 5/22/2007, Ken Kinyon wrote:

            >I uploaded a bunch of QSO's a few weeks ago and signed them with the wrong
            >location. I used the one I had set up for pre 1993 when I lived in Washington
            >State. I noticed it today and thought no problem, I will just upload them again
            >with the right location (Colorado). All went fine except that I had received
            >several QSLs for those contacts, and it would not change those. So several
            >stations have a QSL confirmation from Washington instead of Colorado. Is there
            >any way to fix those?
            >Thanks,
            >Ken W7TS
            >
            >----------- --------
            >Kenneth E. Kinyon
            >34 Princeton Circle
            >Longmont, CO 80503-2106

          • Ken Kinyon
            Message 5 of 7 , May 23, 2007
              Ok, Now I am really confused unless there has been some manual intervention at
              the LOTW. I rechecked this morning and those QSO's that were QSLed and the
              changes were rejected, have now been changed to the correct QTH.
              Thanks to all,
              Ken W7TS

              Message 6 of 7 , May 23, 2007
                Ken,

                Interesting! Thanks for the follow up.

                With this new information, I suspect your corrections were still in the queue and had not been processed when you checked the status the first time. The LoTW system keeps an account history that you can access so you can investigate this yourself, if you're inclined.

                Select the "Your Account" tab and then select the "Your Activity" tab on the left column. It will generate a list of all the files submitted since you began using LoTW (most current on top). If you click on the "Result" link, you will be shown the details of what, when, and the results of each file you uploaded.

                You can figure out the sequence of events for the corrections you uploaded.

                73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

                If you messed up on the location that you used to sign YOUR LOCATION for a LoTW
                QSO
                all you need to do is:

                1- Sort you're locations FOR the QSO'S you worked them from.

                2- Create a new location in the LoTW setup for really you made the QSO's from.

                3- Resign your LoTW submissions using TQSL AND the correct location for the
                QSO's.

                4- Resubmit your ENTIRE Log/Logs with the appropriate Locations.

                5- Please make sure that you that you use YOUR correct ITU Zone , CQ Zone, Grid,
                County
                and State for each location you worked each station from !!!

                6- If you don't get it correct, neither You or the Other Station will EVER get
                credit from LoTW.

                7- Once you get things setup correctly in TQSL, you are done until you change
                QTH's !!!

                8- If you need additional help on how to setup your "Station Data" for each
                location you used. either
                contract me directly or VIA the this List. Many of us can help you out.

                73 es GL
                Bob, K1VU
                Ex: WN1OFR,WA1OFR

                At 18:51 5/22/2007, Ken Kinyon wrote:

                >I uploaded a bunch of QSO's a few weeks ago and signed them with the wrong
                >location. I used the one I had set up for pre 1993 when I lived in Washington
                >State. I noticed it today and thought no problem, I will just upload them again
                >with the right location (Colorado). All went fine except that I had received
                >several QSLs for those contacts, and it would not change those. So several
                >stations have a QSL confirmation from Washington instead of Colorado. Is there
                >any way to fix those?
                >Thanks,
                >Ken W7TS
                >
                >----------- --------
                >Kenneth E. Kinyon
                >34 Princeton Circle
                >Longmont, CO 80503-2106

              • Ken Kinyon
                Message 7 of 7 , May 23, 2007
                  Ok,
                  Here is my final evaluation after checking my activity report.
                  All of my records for the correction were accepted and flagged as duplicates.
                  When I went back to MY QSOs and checked the details for the contacts a few minutes later, only those not QSLed by the other station were changed to correct QTH.
                  However when I rechecked this AM the QSLed ones were changed also.
                  This leads me to believe that the program was delaying updating those records until it had checked and updated the other stations' data.
                  That's my story and I am sticking to it. ;<)
                  I did send a query to LOTW@ARRL about this before I found it resolved and am interested in what they will tell me.
                  73 and thanks again,
                  Ken W7TS