Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Certificate

  • Bill Metzger
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2003
      I received mine the following day.

      Bill
      KF0OH
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, October 05, 2003 11:27 AM
      Subject: [ARRL-LOTW] Certificate

      I entered my password two days ago.  How long does it usually take to get your certificate emailed to you?  I am surprised that it doesn’t happen right away.

      Pat

      WW9R

    • Dave K8GVK
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2003
        3-5 days..U.S. Mail but may be slower now since more and more folks are signing up...
        I entered my password two days ago.  How long does it usually take to get your certificate emailed to you?  I am surprised that it doesn’t happen right away.

        Pat

        WW9R

      • C.M. Christensen
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2003
          The ARRL poop sheet says to allow up to two WORKING days. I assume they
          take Saturday and Sunday off.
          Chris, ACØM

          Patrick Hoppe wrote:
          > I entered my password two days ago. How long does it usually take to
          > get your certificate emailed to you? I am surprised that it doesn't
          > happen right away.
          >

          > Pat
          >
          > WW9R

        • Andrew O'Brien
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2003
            Actually I have received info from them on weekends lately.

            Patrick Hoppe wrote:
            > I entered my password two days ago.  How long does it usually take to
            > get your certificate emailed to you?  I am surprised that it doesn't
            > happen right away.
            >

            > Pat
            >
            > WW9R

          • Gert E. Janssens
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2003
              I got mine 4 hours after entering the password. That was September 25. I saw a report a couple of days before that from someone receiving his certificate half an hour or so after sending the password. But with the increasing workload (requests from DX should now be coming in) I can imagine things are going a little slower now...

              73,

              Gert

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 8, 2003

                Your certificate is nothing more than a file in your computer.  It is stored in the Program Files folder, under
                TrustedQSL.  Copy it to a floppy or for a more permanent copy, burn it to a CD.

                73
                MIke, W5UC

                Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                Outbound mail checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2003
              • Tom Horton
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 17, 2009
                  About how long does it take to get the certificate back after it has been requested?
                   Thanks, Tom
                   k5iid

                  "If It Weren't For The United States Military There Would Be NO United States of America ."

                  September 11, 2001
                  We can never, never forget !
                  If we aren't free and alive,
                  absolutely nothing else matters !

                  Tom Horton K5IID
                  Hillsboro, TX

                • Ed Lemley
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 20, 2012
                    Hello all,

                    Got a new computer and trying to get LOTW to work on here. Its Windows 7.  I got TQSL installed and when I download my certificate from the LOTW account menu "certs.tq6" downloads and tries to install but gets an error.  The attachment on the original email is no longer active, should I request a new certificate or what?  Thanks in advance for the help.

                    Ed
                    K4XXX - EM97js
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 21, 2012
                      At 10:46 PM 5/20/2012, Ed Lemley wrote:

                      >Hello all,
                      >
                      >Got a new computer and trying to get LOTW to work on here. Its Windows
                      >7. I got TQSL installed and when I download my certificate from the
                      >LOTW account menu "certs.tq6" downloads and tries to install but gets
                      >an error. The attachment on the original email is no longer active,
                      >should I request a new certificate or what? Thanks in advance for the
                      >help.

                      If you still have access to your old computer, you can use TQSLCert on
                      that system to export your certificate as a .P12 file.
                      You can then import that file on your new system.

                      There are directions for moving to a new PC at
                      <http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/LoTW%20in%20a%20new%20computer_20120314.pdf>http://www.arrl.org/files/file/LoTW%20Instructions/LoTW%20in%20a%20new%20computer_20120314.pdf
                      and
                      <http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMoveToAnotherPC>http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWMoveToAnotherPC

                      If you don't have your old computer any longer, but have a backup,
                      there's a fairly complicated way you can restore the certificate from
                      the backup. Contact me for info.

                      If you don't have either of the above, then you'll need to create a new
                      certificate request on the new computer, then upload that to the LoTW
                      website. That'll get you a new certificate.
                    • Jim Eamon
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 21, 2012
                        Is it possible to have my LoTW account on 2 computers at the same time?  Can I just export my .p12 file on one, and import it on the other?
                        73
                        Jim
                      • Prasad VU2PTT
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 21, 2012

                          Yes Jim, that works on as many computers you want - I have it on three :)

                          73 de Prasad VU2PTT

                          --

                          73 de Prasad VU2PTT, W2PTT (ex-AF6DV)

                          ARSI, ARRL, FOC, CWOPS