FYI - Wayne, N7NG resigns from ARRL (from [GOLIST])

  • R Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2006
      Hi all,

      On Thursday, December 14, 2006, much to my regret, I delivered a letter
      of resignation to David Sumner, K1ZZ. Such an early departure had not
      been my plan but had become necessary. On Friday, in a meeting with Dave
      and Mr. Harold Kramer, ARRL Chief Operating Officer (COO), I made it
      clear, when asked, that my resignation was in no way a retirement. I
      also conveyed that it did not indicate any fundamental differences with
      ARRL outside of the jurisdiction of Mr. Kramer. I offered them the
      opportunity to release information about my resignation, but Mr. Kramer
      could send only a terse two-line message, and then only to the HQ Staff
      and the closed reflector of the ARRL Officers, Directors and Vice
      Directors, hence this message.

      All in all, it's been a fun six and one-half years. The League has been
      a great place to work, and I’d do all but the last 22 months over again.
      I thank all of you around the World for your great support. In
      particular, I offer special thanks our volunteers - advisory committee
      members, log checkers and advisors. I also urge all of you to support
      the ARRL financially. Be sure to tell them what you want, though ­ they
      don’t always ask. I hope to regenerate an active interest in Ham Radio
      back in Wyoming. Maybe there’ll be another DXpedition or two as well,
      and look for N7NG - Jackson Hole - to be an active Wyoming contributor
      to LoTW as long as it's in business.

      73, Wayne, N7NG

      Jackson Hole, Wyoming

      --
      posted by JOHN - K1XN
      golist@...

    • so2rop
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006
        Sorry to see Wayne leave. Best Wishes to Him. On the positve side now
        maybe I can get WY on 160 CW from a LOTW user.
        73, Wayne N2WK
      • Neil Richardson
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006

          Wayne

          It will be sad to see you go.  I wish to thank you for your assistance when I had problems with LoTW and take this opportunity to wish you all the best whatever your future may hold and that 2007 is a better year for you.

          Neil ZL2UN

[...]

          golist@gmail. com

        • Richard Zalewski
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006
            Wayne,

            So sorry to read about the change. It appears that it did not happen under the best of circumstances.  You have been a great help to me and always very timely.  I can not imagine someone doing a better job.  Sometime I hope we get a chance to talk off-line.  In the meantime the very best to you.

            On 12/30/06, R Johnson <k1vu@...> wrote:

[...]

            Tnx es 73
            Dick W7ZR
            www.w7zr.com
          • Anthony W. DePrato
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 31, 2006

              Wayne
              Happy New Year
              I am sorry to hear you leave the ham radio world does not have many left at HQ that listens to us. only two left now and they are not in the higher click of his grace king dave. also it a couple of lines in your statement worry me as to the future of LOTW and the membership.
              73 look for you on the bands
              Tony

              QBE  ZUT  DE WA4JQS

              ANTHONY W. (Tony) DePrato WA4JQS EXTRA - HEAVY
              Since 1962
              CQ DX HALL OF FAME # 35
              A1-OP      FISTS  # 10573 SKCC #1227
              VBA  AMI RNARS WIA RSSA