LOTW 160M

  • alsopb
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2006
      It seems that 160M DX station entries in LOTW are scarce as hen's
      teeth. The hit rate here is less than half if that for the other HF
      bands.

      Wonder why?

      73 de Brian/K3KO
    • Bill Coleman
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2006
        On Nov 21, 2006, at 2:28 PM, Robert Chudek - KØRC wrote:

        > The interesting part of his story is the ARRL asked him if they
        > could upload his submitted SS and DX contest logs, which he gave
        > permission. I will make an inquiry to the LoTW Desk to see if this
        > was every done. I am speculating it has not been done yet or I
        > would have my ND confirmations with WBØO that I am investigating.

        I have confirmations from WB0O from November 2001 for SS CW and
        Phone. Out of all the dozens of contacts I've had with Bill, that's
        the only two that are confirmed.

        Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@...
        -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
      • Vladimir V. Sidorov
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 22, 2006
          This topic rose in the DX-QSL net once. The consensus was, the band's
          habitat is rather small (antennae restrictions, etc) and virtually every
          participant is rather unique, therefore:
          1. $$$ collectors want to maintain their harvest on paper cards
          2. DXCC Challenge 2000 up'ers don't want competition to reach their own
          level.

          Pitty but it might be true.

          73,
          Vladimir VE3IAE aka EU1SA