Re: [ARRL-LOTW] Upload from DXKeeper causes LOTW server to crash?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 12, 2006
      At 02:22 PM 10/12/2006, Ron / Suzette Novak wrote:
      >I've been trying to synch up my LOTW, DXKeeper and EQSL logs. I've
      >noticed that the last 4 or 5 times I've upload all entries from
      >DXKeeper to LOTW the LOTW server went down for over 30 minutes. Being
      >a retired IT manager the logical conclusion I draw is there's a
      >connection between my upload and the LOTW server going off-line.
      >
      >I inspected my adif and could only find 1 obvious problem. There was
      >a QSO for a SWL that got into DXK from EQSL. I deleted this entry in
      >the log, resent and still the LOTW server went off-line seconds later.
      >
      >I won't upload my entire log anymore and have saved my last adif. If
      >anyone has a suggestion or wants more info let me know.
      >
      >Ron, KG4NOZ

      Why are you uploading your entire log? The only thing you should have
      to do is to upload new or updated QSOs, not all of them. I'm sure that
      DXKeeper has a way to flag QSOs as already uploaded.

      However, I'd suggest that you send an e-mail to lotw-help@...
      describing the problem you've seen. If there's a bug that you're
      triggering I'm sure they'd like to know about it.
      -Rick
    • edctexas
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 13, 2006
        DX Keeper uploads by selecting LOTW and then doing an "Add
        Requested". The Add Requested only selects those QSOs which do not
        have "R" in the LotW sent box (meaning QSL requested). Once the "R"
        is there DXK will not unload the QSO again. The next step is
        to "Sync LotW QSOs". This button requests LotW to download a file
        with the QSOs that were recently uploaded. DXK marks the log with
        LotW Sent = "Y" and Lotw Rcvd = "R". This is insuring that there is
        a LotW record matching your log. Then periodically you check for
        QSLs with the "Synch QSLs" button. This downloads any QSLs (matched
        records) and marks your log with LotW Rcvd = "Y".

        Manually log into LotW and check to see if you have really uploaded
        duplicate entries. If you have please get on the DX Lab yahoo group
        and ask Dave for help. DXK is designed NOT to do duplicate uploads.
        It is extremely unlikely that your DXK upload is "crashing" LotW.
        There are periodic maintenance intervals where LotW goes offline.
        There also intervals (primarily after contests) where LotW seems
        broken. If there is a problem with LotW, DXK should report an error
        message to you. So if you still think there is a problem, please get
        on the DX lab yahoo group and ask.

        Regards Ed KE3D (very happy DXK user and fairly happy LotW User)