another fast one via LoTW

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
      SV8CS 2006-09-30 20:13:08 30M PSK31 10.14270 GREECE

      TG9AKH 2006-09-30 23:10:10 12M RTTY 24.92158 GUATEMALA

      This new band/mode confirmation actually beat the elaped time between
      working and confirmation for the SV8 station by a few minutes.

      Nice to see more dx stations taking part in LoTW.
      It does seem that rtty/digital stations are more likely to be utilzing LoTW
      more than cw/ssb stations.
      Probably becuase the data modes operators are more likely to be computer
      driven.

      Regardless, that's two more band/mode I don't have to spend money/time
      trying to get confirmed.

      My thanks to Spiros and Mario for the qsos and LoTW qsls.

      All great discoveries are made by mistake.

      Bill H. in Chicagoland
      webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
      weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org
    • Hamish Moffatt
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
        On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 10:39:04AM -0500, FireBrick wrote:
        > It does seem that rtty/digital stations are more likely to be utilzing LoTW
        > more than cw/ssb stations.

        Certainly does. I've got 9 QSLs for the CQWW RTTY contest last weekend -
        and I only made 47 contacts. Three of those QSLs were instant when I
        uploaded my log the morning after the contest, and the others have
        trickled in over the weekend.

        No new ones for me among those though (yet).

        Hamish
        --
        Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>
      • Lance
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
          I have noticed the same trend. I made 316 Q's in
          last weekend's CQWW RTTY and within an hour,
          I received 35 QSLs. Just checked, a few minutes
          ago, and now have 72 QSLs. There were 10 new
          ones among them, but then I just got on RTTY
          in February, 2006.
          Lance WN0L

          FireBrick wrote:
          > It does seem that rtty/digital stations are more
          likely to be utilzing LoTW
          > more than cw/ssb stations.

          Certainly does. I've got 9 QSLs for the CQWW RTTY
          contest last weekend -
          and I only made 47 contacts. Three of those QSLs
          were instant when I
          uploaded my log the morning after the contest, and
          the others have
          trickled in over the weekend.

          No new ones for me among those though (yet).

          Hamish
          --
          Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...>
          <hamish@...>

        • R Johnson
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
            Hi Guys:
            I just got on RTTY for the first time in 25 years last night using MMTTY and a TS820S.
            Sure beats those old Mod 14's, 15's, 28's except for the smell of the old oiled paper tape.
            Maybe GLADE can come up with one of those Plug-In's "Essence of RTTY Shack" sounds good to me.

            I made 3 QSO's on 80M between 0247Z and 0332Z. I uploaded them to LoTW.
            When I came back 30 min. latter I had 2 of the 3 QSO's confirmed.

            9 Hrs. and 12 Min. between QSO and LoTW QSL Confirmation !!!
            That's pretty fast service in my book !!!

            I just checked LoTW's "Find Call" and the unconfirmed station has never submitted a Log to LoTW
            so I guess the score will be 2 for 3 (unless he gets "LoTW Religion" :-)) !!!

            73
            Bob, K1VU

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
              Hi all,

              I checked today and see that HC8N have already confirmed my 4 contacts for
              CQWW. Amazing!

              Thanks guys!

              73 de Phil GU0SUP

            • DL5NO
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
                Phil Cooper wrote:

                > I checked today and see that HC8N have already confirmed my 4 contacts for
                > CQWW. Amazing!
                >
                > Thanks guys!
                >
                > 73 de Phil GU0SUP

                They really have a good LOTW-performance....due to the contest-activities of
                HC8N, Galapagos Islands is within the top-ten of my confirmed
                LOTW-countries, see http://www.dl5no.de/lotw_stat.html

                de Georg, DL5NO
              • timgep
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 2, 2006
                  --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "DL5NO" <georg@...> wrote:

                  > Phil Cooper wrote:
                  >
                  > > I checked today and see that HC8N have already confirmed my 4
                  contacts for
                  > > CQWW. Amazing!
                  > >
                  > > Thanks guys!
                  > >
                  > > 73 de Phil GU0SUP
                  >
                  > They really have a good LOTW-performance....due to the
                  contest-activities of
                  > HC8N, Galapagos Islands is within the top-ten of my confirmed
                  > LOTW-countries, see http://www.dl5no.de/lotw_stat.html
                  >
                  > de Georg, DL5NO

                  Those OPs down there at HC8N are incredible. Was a thrill to
                  work them on 40. The fast LOTW QSL was icing on the cake.

                  Tnx also to Corliss AL1G and LR6H for the new ones. Crossing
                  my fingers that P40KM will get on LOTW (hopeful, since W4GKM
                  is active on LOTW.)

                  RTTY contests are the best for LOTW percentages. I've gotten
                  64 QSLed so far out of 155 (41%). I think it approaches 50%
                  long term.

                  Tim K6GEP