RE: [ARRL-LOTW] still my earliest LoTW qso/qsl

    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
      > Joe, if you haven't uploaded your old logs, then you can't complain
      > that you haven't gotten LoTW confirmations. You need to upload, then
      > you can complain. <grin>

      Of course ... unfortunately I don't even have some of those logs
      any more. They are from my pre-college days and were probably lost
      between the two moves that my parents made and the half-dozen moves
      I've made (not counting the every year move while in school).
      It's a wonder that I have any logs from those days.

      Actually, I'm surprised to have even one confirmation from 1977
      given issues of log retention and age of some of those involved!

    • Carl Smidt
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        In my case the QSL return is so poor, 2.6%, that it is not worth sending in my old logs prior to 1989, including my 1956 VE8SP logs.

        73,  Carl  VE9OV

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          My first QSLs in LOTW are from 1984, all CW, all from
          non-US Stations (England, Italy, Sweden, Poland).
          That's just a few months after getting my shortwave license.

          Most recent cards are RTTY, probably with automatic PC logging.
          But there are also older ones - starting in 1986 from SP3BGD.

          So I miss a lot of your US-QSOs in lotw.

          maybe a scanner is a help..

          Andy, DF4WC

        • Prasad
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            The earliest LoTW QSL I have is from:

            Gert PA3AAV on Mar. 13, 1987

            The next was from:

            Jim VK9NS on Mar. 11, 1989

            73 de Prasad VU2PTT

            On 7/30/06, FireBrick <w9ol@...> wrote:

            My earliest made qso, confirmed by LoTW is:

            SM4DHG Feb. 20, 1971 on 15 cw.
            and
            G3SJX Feb. 21, 1971 on 20 cw.
            (I was WA9VOL at that time)
            Still no LoTW qsl's for my Novice call of WN9VOL...

            Curious, anyone get a LoTW qsl for their Novice Call?

            Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

            Bill H. in Chicagoland
            webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
            weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org

          • Jari Jussila

              • Joseph Lutz
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                  I guess a lot of activity on LoTW today is for
                  current ops.  I have uploaded files for different
                  variations of my call W7LPF since 1977 - the
                  70's are nil - - I was, and still may upload files
                  that I have back since starting out WN7ZQV in
                  1955 - but just seeing the results of my typing
                  in close to 25K logs from W7LPF/DU2 ops
                  78-81, I really don't think it is worth the time.  I
                  continually get notification of hits for DU2 from
                  the E-QSL site though.  Still have the logs for
                  W7ZQV/KG6 also to upload - but right now I
                  am trying to catch up on logs that I ''found'' on
                  CD's that I had copied when I was switching pc's
                   - - It sure was a lot easier and more time was
                  spent on-the-air when it was paper logs and
                  no pc's!!
                  Progress is great - but what enjoyment does on
                  get when a computer does 'everything' for them,
                  and they can just sit and watch the monitor.
                  And I agree - LoTW is very slow, taking a long,
                  but that is usual as was stated - first of the month,
                  after a contest - etc.

                  Joe
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                    On Jul 30, 2006, at 10:48 AM, FireBrick wrote:

                    > My earliest made qso, confirmed by LoTW is:
                    >
                    > SM4DHG Feb. 20, 1971 on 15 cw.
                    > and
                    > G3SJX Feb. 21, 1971 on 20 cw.
                    > (I was WA9VOL at that time)
                    > Still no LoTW qsl's for my Novice call of WN9VOL...
                    >
                    > Curious, anyone get a LoTW qsl for their Novice Call?

                    I don't have anything for my novice call (probably because I haven't
                    uploaded any novice contacts).

                    My earliest confirmation on LotW is a QSO with KP4DLW on 80 meter CW
                    4 Sep 1972. The next one is HK2DP on 15 meter CW on 8 Jul 1973.

                    I've uploaded all my old contest logs but I still have about 30
                    thousand QSOs in the regular logbook that I haven't started on yet.
                    Probably this winter.

                    73,

                    John E Bastin, K8AJS
                    jbastin@...