Re: [ARRL-LOTW] still my earliest LoTW qso/qsl

  • Bill Coleman
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 31, 2006
      On Jul 31, 2006, at 10:48 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

      > Nothing from my novice days 1970-1972 but then I don't have
      > a lot of those logs so they haven't gotten on-line.

      Joe, if you haven't uploaded your old logs, then you can't complain
      that you haven't gotten LoTW confirmations. You need to upload, then
      you can complain. <grin>

      Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@...
      -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
        > Joe, if you haven't uploaded your old logs, then you can't complain
        > that you haven't gotten LoTW confirmations. You need to upload, then
        > you can complain. <grin>

        Of course ... unfortunately I don't even have some of those logs
        any more. They are from my pre-college days and were probably lost
        between the two moves that my parents made and the half-dozen moves
        I've made (not counting the every year move while in school).
        It's a wonder that I have any logs from those days.

        Actually, I'm surprised to have even one confirmation from 1977
        given issues of log retention and age of some of those involved!

      • Carl Smidt
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
          In my case the QSL return is so poor, 2.6%, that it is not worth sending in my old logs prior to 1989, including my 1956 VE8SP logs.

          73,  Carl  VE9OV

          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
            My first QSLs in LOTW are from 1984, all CW, all from
            non-US Stations (England, Italy, Sweden, Poland).
            That's just a few months after getting my shortwave license.

            Most recent cards are RTTY, probably with automatic PC logging.
            But there are also older ones - starting in 1986 from SP3BGD.

            So I miss a lot of your US-QSOs in lotw.

            maybe a scanner is a help..

            Andy, DF4WC

          • Prasad
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
              The earliest LoTW QSL I have is from:

              Gert PA3AAV on Mar. 13, 1987

              The next was from:

              Jim VK9NS on Mar. 11, 1989

              73 de Prasad VU2PTT

              On 7/30/06, FireBrick <w9ol@...> wrote:

              My earliest made qso, confirmed by LoTW is:

              SM4DHG Feb. 20, 1971 on 15 cw.
              and
              G3SJX Feb. 21, 1971 on 20 cw.
              (I was WA9VOL at that time)
              Still no LoTW qsl's for my Novice call of WN9VOL...

              Curious, anyone get a LoTW qsl for their Novice Call?

              Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

              Bill H. in Chicagoland
              webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
              weather at http://hhweather.webhop.org

            • Jari Jussila

                • Joseph Lutz
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                    I guess a lot of activity on LoTW today is for
                    current ops.  I have uploaded files for different
                    variations of my call W7LPF since 1977 - the
                    70's are nil - - I was, and still may upload files
                    that I have back since starting out WN7ZQV in
                    1955 - but just seeing the results of my typing
                    in close to 25K logs from W7LPF/DU2 ops
                    78-81, I really don't think it is worth the time.  I
                    continually get notification of hits for DU2 from
                    the E-QSL site though.  Still have the logs for
                    W7ZQV/KG6 also to upload - but right now I
                    am trying to catch up on logs that I ''found'' on
                    CD's that I had copied when I was switching pc's
                     - - It sure was a lot easier and more time was
                    spent on-the-air when it was paper logs and
                    no pc's!!
                    Progress is great - but what enjoyment does on
                    get when a computer does 'everything' for them,
                    and they can just sit and watch the monitor.
                    And I agree - LoTW is very slow, taking a long,
                    but that is usual as was stated - first of the month,
                    after a contest - etc.

                    Joe
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 1, 2006
                      On Jul 30, 2006, at 10:48 AM, FireBrick wrote:

                      > My earliest made qso, confirmed by LoTW is:
                      >
                      > SM4DHG Feb. 20, 1971 on 15 cw.
                      > and
                      > G3SJX Feb. 21, 1971 on 20 cw.
                      > (I was WA9VOL at that time)
                      > Still no LoTW qsl's for my Novice call of WN9VOL...
                      >
                      > Curious, anyone get a LoTW qsl for their Novice Call?

                      I don't have anything for my novice call (probably because I haven't
                      uploaded any novice contacts).

                      My earliest confirmation on LotW is a QSO with KP4DLW on 80 meter CW
                      4 Sep 1972. The next one is HK2DP on 15 meter CW on 8 Jul 1973.

                      I've uploaded all my old contest logs but I still have about 30
                      thousand QSOs in the regular logbook that I haven't started on yet.
                      Probably this winter.

                      73,

                      John E Bastin, K8AJS
                      jbastin@...