Re: Searching LoTW

  • Bob Daniels
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16, 2006
      Try this: I'm doing this from memory. I have the original text for
      this on another computer. But you can get an adi file for all QSO's
      not just QSL's. If this isn't correct I'll try again Monday from my
      computer at work.

      I got this originally off this list. I don't remember who to give the
      credit too, but I was able to re-create my entire log with this
      download, not just the QSL's.

      https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
      qso_query=1&login=CALLSIGN&password=PASSWORD&qso_qsl=no&qso_detail=yes&q
      so_withown=yes

      Bob K8KWT
    • John E Bastin
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16, 2006

        On Apr 16, 2006, at 12:54 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
        > Use the following - insert your own account ID and password:
        >
        > https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
        > login=<yourcall>&password=<your_pas
        > sword>&qso_query=1&qso_withown=yes&qso_detail=yes&qso_qsl=no&qso_qsorx
        > since=1900
        > -01-01

        If you guys who post these long URLs would have the courtesy to
        enclose them in < > signs, as in

        <https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
        qso_query=yes&qso_qsl=yes&qso_band=160M&qso_owncall=<callsign>>

        and

        <https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
        login=<yourcall>&password=<your_password>&qso_query=1&qso_withown=yes&qs
        o_detail=yes&qso_qsl=no&qso_qsorxsince=1900-01-01>

        most modern mail clients will keep them together as links and not
        force the rest of us to cut & paste them back together in order to be
        able to use them.

        Thanks for your help.

        73,

        John E Bastin, K8AJS
        jbastin@...
      • Hamish Moffatt
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 16, 2006
          On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 01:53:56PM -0400, John E Bastin wrote:
          > If you guys who post these long URLs would have the courtesy to
          > enclose them in < > signs, as in
          >
          > <https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
          > qso_query=yes&qso_qsl=yes&qso_band=160M&qso_owncall=<callsign>>
          >
          > and
          >
          > <https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
          > login=<yourcall>&password=<your_password>&qso_query=1&qso_withown=yes&qs
          > o_detail=yes&qso_qsl=no&qso_qsorxsince=1900-01-01>
          >
          > most modern mail clients will keep them together as links and not
          > force the rest of us to cut & paste them back together in order to be
          > able to use them.

          Even if they are split across multiple lines, as yours were?
          My client was not interested, nor does it use <> to detect URLs.

          Hamish
          --
          Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>
        • Bob Daniels
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
            I knew I shouldn't try to do that long URL from memory. I got it wrong
            in my first post.

            It should be:

            <https://www.arrl.org/lotwuser/lotwreport.adi?
            login=CALLSIGN&password=PASSWORD&qso_query=1&qso_owncall=CALLSIGN&qso_de
            tail=yes&qso_qsl=no&qso_qsorxsince=1900-01-01&qso_withown=yes>

            Replace each CALLSIGN with your current Call
            Replace Password with your current password.

            I used this once to sucessfully recreate my entire log.

            Bob K8KWT
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
              Bob,

              That URL works if you have only one call in your LotW account.
              For those of us who have changed calls over the years, (e.g.,
              AD8I -> W8IK -> K4IK -> W4TV) the "qso_owncall" statement must
              be eliminated to get the entire file.

              The downloaded file will contain the ADIF fields "App_LotW_owncall"
              and "Station_callsign" which will identify the call used to make
              the QSO.

            • Bob Daniels
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
                ahaa ! I didn't realize that !

                Thanks joe I learned something new today :)

                Bob K8KWT

                --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@...> wrote:

                > Bob,
                >
                > That URL works if you have only one call in your LotW account.
                > For those of us who have changed calls over the years, (e.g.,
                > AD8I -> W8IK -> K4IK -> W4TV) the "qso_owncall" statement must
                > be eliminated to get the entire file.
                >
                > The downloaded file will contain the ADIF fields "App_LotW_owncall"
                > and "Station_callsign" which will identify the call used to make
                > the QSO.
                >
                > 73,
                >
                > ... Joe, W4TV

              • Mike Mellinger WA0SXV
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
                  All of these discussions of saving .p12 files and the various difficulties
                  involving in moving to new machines make me wonder why the TQSL group just
                  doesn't add a backup/restore utility to the program which would save the
                  certifications and the location settings. This would solve both backup
                  issues and migration issues. It seems a mjaor user friendliness issue.

                  Mike WA0SXV
                • Ron Wetjen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 17, 2006
                    Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wrote:

                    > All of these discussions of saving .p12 files and the various difficulties
                    > involving in moving to new machines make me wonder why the TQSL group just
                    > doesn't add a backup/restore utility to the program which would save the
                    > certifications and the location settings. This would solve both backup
                    > issues and migration issues.

                    Great idea ... especially when you have an unexpected hard drive failure
                    before getting a chance to save things! I know ... since it happened to
                    me a couple weeks ago, and lost all my .p12 files and my renewal
                    certificates that were waiting to be installed!

                    Hoping to salvage things and install on this new computer.

                    Ron