Re: TQSL Cert renewal

  • kiwim50
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 8, 2006
      John
      I have always had an email reminder to renew.
      Neil ZL2UNR
      --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "John" <zl1byz@...> wrote:

      > Interesting about the 3 years till expiry date. I noticed when I
      > got my TQSL cert which is the first one for me that it's expiry
      date
      > was about 3 years away but all the info still said 1 year, very
      > confusing. I also thought I read somewhere that you got an email
      > reminder when the renewal was comming up, does this happen or not?
      >
      > 73 John ZL1BYZ.
      >
      > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "k2yr" <k2yr@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I just finished renewing my TQSL certificate. First, everything
      > > worked fine, all is well.
      > >
      > > But... two things I noticed that do not go along with the
      detailed
      > > instructions that are posted on the LotW site.
      > >
      > > One: After I loaded my new certificate, it did indeed make the
      red
      > > circle/bar go off, BUT my old certificate remained!
      > >
      > > The instructions say.... "When your renewal .tq6 file is
      returned
      > > and loaded, the red circle/bar will go away as will the original
      > > certificate, leaving only your renewed certificate." WRONG!
      > >
      > > So I CAREFULLY deleted my old certificate. (I first made sure I
      > had
      > > backups of the .p12 files for both my old and new ones.) I
      deleted
      > > the old one because I thought having the two would make things
      > > unhappy?? Maybe not?
      > >
      > > TWO: The expiration date for my new certificate is 3 years from
      > > now??? I thought they had to be renewed every year?
      > >
      > > What is correct? One year or three?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Carl, K2YR

    • John
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
        Ok Neil,

        Well see when I get the reminder then 1 or 3 years. They sure do
        keep you guessing about some things.

        73 John ZL1BYZ.

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "kiwim50" <ngrichardson@...> wrote:

        > John
        > I have always had an email reminder to renew.
        > Neil ZL2UNR
        > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "John" <zl1byz@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Interesting about the 3 years till expiry date. I noticed when
        > > got my TQSL cert which is the first one for me that it's expiry
        > date
        > > was about 3 years away but all the info still said 1 year, very
        > > confusing. I also thought I read somewhere that you got an
        email
        > > reminder when the renewal was comming up, does this happen or
        not?

        > > 73 John ZL1BYZ.
        > >
        > > --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "k2yr" <k2yr@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I just finished renewing my TQSL certificate. First,
        everything
        > > > worked fine, all is well.
        > > >
        > > > But... two things I noticed that do not go along with the
        > detailed
        > > > instructions that are posted on the LotW site.
        > > >
        > > > One: After I loaded my new certificate, it did indeed make the
        > red
        > > > circle/bar go off, BUT my old certificate remained!
        > > >
        > > > The instructions say.... "When your renewal .tq6 file is
        > returned
        > > > and loaded, the red circle/bar will go away as will the
        original
        > > > certificate, leaving only your renewed certificate." WRONG!
        > > >
        > > > So I CAREFULLY deleted my old certificate. (I first made sure
        > > had
        > > > backups of the .p12 files for both my old and new ones.) I
        > deleted
        > > > the old one because I thought having the two would make things
        > > > unhappy?? Maybe not?
        > > >
        > > > TWO: The expiration date for my new certificate is 3 years
        from
        > > > now??? I thought they had to be renewed every year?
        > > >
        > > > What is correct? One year or three?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > -Carl, K2YR

      • Prasad
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 9, 2006
          Hi

          I just checked the 4 certificates I have received in January 2006 and all of them have a 3 year expiry date in 2009.

          73 de Prasad VU2PTT