Re: [ARRL-LOTW] LoTW Abnormalities

  • FireBrick
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
      if a station forgets to include the state info he was in when he signs the qsos he's
      uploading, you will not get credit for it.
      It would be the same as a qsl card that doesn't say what state he was in.
      the same goes for 'county', 'cq zone' & 'itu zone'
      (I know those awards are not available, just used as examples)

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Bill:
        Maybe I express the problem clearly, or you didn't understand what I said.

        My 80M QSO with W1NG in CT IS confirmed by LoTW. All station information
        is complete, and obviously the "QSO Time" matches or it wouldn't be
        confirmed by LoTW.
        It's "QSO Detail is:
        Record ID 50667501 Received: 2004-09-16 00:46:29

        The problem is that the QSO wasn't applied to my WAS account to give me
        9-80M/States. WAS shows only 8-80M/States confirmed.

        My 23Cm QSO that shows a freq. of 432.1 instead of 1296.1 is:
        Record ID 10540235 Received: 2003-10-07 23:11:41

        Again, keep your eye on what LoTW reports and check for discrepancies.

        I have reported this LoTW.

        73
        Bob, K1VU

        At 08:20 2/1/2006, you wrote:
        >if a station forgets to include the state info he was in when he signs the qsos he's
        >uploading, you will not get credit for it.
        >It would be the same as a qsl card that doesn't say what state he was in.
        >the same goes for 'county', 'cq zone' & 'itu zone'
        >(I know those awards are not available, just used as examples)

      • FireBrick
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
          ok what is 'commonly' the problem when a state does not show up as selected to be credited
          is that some other qso is already selected for that band/mode.

          now you can change that...just put a check in the box for that qso in the 'your qso's'
          module.
          That will remove any other qso that may be in the credit list.
          This happens when someone uploads their logs and didn't realize that qso during a time
          frame where in a different location. or a simple type like IL instead of IN.

          as for the frequency anomaly.
          first check that the adif that you sent had the correct frequency/band. if so...the other
          person probably clicked on the wrong band.

          practically all the anomalies we have been reported on this reflector.....where operator
          input errors.
          I know, I made most of them myself.

          On 2/1/2006 1:03:35 PM, R Johnson (k1vu@...) wrote:
          > Hi Bill:
          > Maybe I express the problem clearly, or you
          > didn't understand what I said.
          >
          > My 80M QSO with W1NG in CT IS confirmed by LoTW. All station information
          > is complete, and obviously the "QSO Time" matches or it wouldn't
          > be
          > confirmed by LoTW.
          > It's "QSO Detail is:
          > Record ID 50667501 Received: 2004-09-16 00:46:29
          >
          > The problem is that the QSO wasn't
          > applied to my WAS account to give me
          > 9-80M/States. WAS shows only 8-80M/States confirmed.
          >
          > My 23Cm QSO that shows a freq. of 432.1 instead of 1296.1 is:
          > Record ID 10540235 Received: 2003-10-07 23:11:41
          >
          > Again, keep your eye on what LoTW reports and check for discrepancies.
          >
          > I have reported this LoTW.
          >
          > 73
          > Bob, K1VU
          >
          > At 08:20 2/1/2006, you wrote:
          > >if a station forgets to include the state info he was in when he signs
          > the qsos
          > he's
          > >uploading, you will not get credit for it.
          > >It would be the same as a qsl card that doesn't
          > say what state he was in.
          > >the same goes for 'county', 'cq zone' & 'itu zone'
          > >(I know those awards are not available, just used as examples)

        • Bill Coleman
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
            On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, R Johnson wrote:

            > Hi Bill:
            > Maybe I express the problem clearly, or you didn't understand what
            > I said.
            >
            > My 80M QSO with W1NG in CT IS confirmed by LoTW. All station
            > information
            > is complete, and obviously the "QSO Time" matches or it wouldn't be
            > confirmed by LoTW.
            > It's "QSO Detail is:
            > Record ID 50667501 Received: 2004-09-16 00:46:29
            >
            > The problem is that the QSO wasn't applied to my WAS account to
            > give me
            > 9-80M/States. WAS shows only 8-80M/States confirmed.

            I reported a similar problem and got a response from Wayne Mills
            about it. Turns out, LoTW is only designed to update ONE WAS account
            that matches the corresponding QSO rules.

            So, if you, like me, had created several WAS accounts that have
            overlapping criteria, when the confirmation comes in it will only
            update one WAS account.

            The fix for this is two-fold. First, delete any WAS accounts that
            have overlapping criteria. To update the accounts that are left,
            modify the QSO criteria, save, then change them back and save. When
            you change the criteria for an account, it will re-run the query for
            confirmations to see what the account status is.

            This worked for me.

            Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@...
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
          • FireBrick
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2006
              Interesting....
              I'll have to play with that.

              On 2/1/2006 9:07:59 PM, Bill Coleman (aa4lr@...) wrote:
              > On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, R Johnson wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Bill:
              > > Maybe I express the problem clearly, or you
              > didn't understand what
              > > I said.
              > >
              > > My 80M QSO with W1NG in CT IS confirmed by LoTW. All station
              > > information
              > > is complete, and obviously the "QSO Time" matches or it wouldn't
              > be
              > > confirmed by LoTW.
              > >
              > It's "QSO Detail is:
              > > Record ID 50667501 Received: 2004-09-16 00:46:29
              > >
              > > The problem is that the QSO wasn't
              > applied to my WAS account to
              > > give me
              > > 9-80M/States. WAS shows only 8-80M/States confirmed.
              >
              > I reported a similar problem and got a response from Wayne Mills
              > about it. Turns out, LoTW is only designed to update ONE WAS account
              > that matches the corresponding QSO rules.
              >
              > So, if you, like me, had created several WAS accounts that have
              > overlapping criteria, when the confirmation comes in it will only
              > update one WAS account.
              >
              > The fix for this is two-fold. First, delete any WAS accounts that
              > have overlapping criteria. To update the accounts that are left,
              > modify the QSO criteria, save, then change them back and save. When
              > you change the criteria for an account, it will re-run the
            • Patrick Hoppe
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
                Ok, this is even stranger. I have uploaded 12k of Q's, it only shows that I
                have 5 matches for WAS. Most of the Q's were with stateside contesters...

                Pat
                WW9R

                > On Feb 1, 2006, at 2:03 PM, R Johnson wrote:
                >
                > > Hi Bill:
                > > Maybe I express the problem clearly, or you
                > didn't understand what
                > > I said.
                > >
                > > My 80M QSO with W1NG in CT IS confirmed by LoTW. All station
                > > information
                > > is complete, and obviously the "QSO Time" matches or it wouldn't
                > be
                > > confirmed by LoTW.
                > >
                > It's "QSO Detail is:
                > > Record ID 50667501 Received: 2004-09-16 00:46:29
                > >
                > > The problem is that the QSO wasn't
                > applied to my WAS account to
                > > give me
                > > 9-80M/States. WAS shows only 8-80M/States confirmed.
                >
                > I reported a similar problem and got a response from Wayne Mills
                > about it. Turns out, LoTW is only designed to update ONE WAS account
                > that matches the corresponding QSO rules.
                >
                > So, if you, like me, had created several WAS accounts that have
                > overlapping criteria, when the confirmation comes in it will only
                > update one WAS account.
                >
                > The fix for this is two-fold. First, delete any WAS accounts that
                > have overlapping criteria. To update the accounts that are left,
                > modify the QSO criteria, save, then change them back and save. When
                > you change the criteria for an account, it will re-run the

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • FireBrick
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Something is wrong here....
                  Are you sure you created the account correctly
                  You can have multiple WAS accounts
                  and each account can have various 'rules'
                  for instance
                  I have an account W9OL
                  it's rule takes in all stateside qso's
                  I have another RTTY
                  it's rule accepts only stateside rtty qso's
                  etc.