TQSL on OS X

  • Bob Nielsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
      Has anyone been able to get TQSL to work on a Macintosh running OS X
      version 10.4.3? I had it working once (after several remove/
      reinstall iterations) but I messed something else up later and now I
      can't get it to work, If I load a Cabrillo or ADIF file, I get
      through a few screens but when I click on "file to write to", the
      program dies. Any ideas?

      Bob, N7XY
    • John E Bastin
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
        On Dec 30, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:

        > Has anyone been able to get TQSL to work on a Macintosh running OS X
        > version 10.4.3? I had it working once (after several remove/
        > reinstall iterations) but I messed something else up later and now I
        > can't get it to work, If I load a Cabrillo or ADIF file, I get
        > through a few screens but when I click on "file to write to", the
        > program dies. Any ideas?

        I know it's no help, but just so you know you're not the only one, I
        haven't been successful getting TQSL to work in Tiger, either.

        I keep hoping that Steve Palm, N9YTY, who did the tQSL port for the
        Mac, would come up with an updated version that would work. It hasn't
        exactly been a secret that Tiger broke it.

        73,

        John E Bastin, K8AJS
        jbastin@...
        http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs/
      • Bill Coleman
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2005
          On Dec 30, 2005, at 12:56 PM, Bob Nielsen wrote:

          > Has anyone been able to get TQSL to work on a Macintosh running OS X
          > version 10.4.3? I had it working once (after several remove/
          > reinstall iterations) but I messed something else up later and now I
          > can't get it to work, If I load a Cabrillo or ADIF file, I get
          > through a few screens but when I click on "file to write to", the
          > program dies. Any ideas?

          I found that the output file name is kinda sensitive to the number of
          spaces and periods in the file name. Try it with a shorter name.

          Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@...
          -- Wilbur Wright, 1901