send your question to-----

  • A.Robert Pantazes
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 27, 2005
      Scott wrote------------
      I had to submit a new Certificate as my old one expired. I did this
      last weekend. I am still waiting for the new one so I can start using
      LOTW again. Is there anyone I can contact, either voice or email that
      might be able to help me? I thought I'd get this by now.

      I was just on the ARRL website and signed in and tried to get to the
      LOTW section but I keep getting an error "

      Fatal error: initializeLOTWDB: -9807 - Too many users (task limit)"

      Thanks in advance.
      Scott - KN3A

      Scott,
      E-mail ARRL at lotw-help@...
      They should answer your question or fix the problem of the site.
      73
      Robert, W2ARP
    • scottpa1960
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 28, 2005
        Update: I received the card in the mail yesterday that had the
        password on it. Guess what....it didn't work! I sent them an email
        and awaiting a reply now. Sheesh, I didn't remember having such a
        hassle last time I applied for LOTW.

        --- In ARRL-LOTW@yahoogroups.com, "A.Robert Pantazes"
        <robert.pantazes@g...> wrote:

        > Scott wrote------------
        > I had to submit a new Certificate as my old one expired. I did this
        > last weekend. I am still waiting for the new one so I can start
        using
        > LOTW again. Is there anyone I can contact, either voice or email
        that
        > might be able to help me? I thought I'd get this by now.
        >
        > I was just on the ARRL website and signed in and tried to get to
        the
        > LOTW section but I keep getting an error "
        >
        > Fatal error: initializeLOTWDB: -9807 - Too many users (task limit)"
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        > Scott - KN3A
        >
        > Scott,
        > E-mail ARRL at lotw-help@a...
        > They should answer your question or fix the problem of the site.
        > 73
        > Robert, W2ARP

      • Steve Harwood
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 28, 2005
          I am trying to help a mate out renew his certificate, every time he
          uploads the TQ5 file its rejected with the message :-

          Certificate request processor result:
          Started processing your Renewal Certificate Request.
          For call sign: G3VKW
          Signing Certificate is not approved.
          **Your certificate request contains error(s); please correct and
          resubmit.
          See http://www.arrl.org/lotw/faq.html for more information.

          Any ideas what these errors are, I have checked the obvious things like
          start dates etc..

          Steve G4OWT
          --
          Steve G4OWT
        • Bill Coleman
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 28, 2005
            On Oct 28, 2005, at 7:46 AM, scottpa1960 wrote:

            > Update: I received the card in the mail yesterday that had the
            > password on it. Guess what....it didn't work! I sent them an email
            > and awaiting a reply now. Sheesh, I didn't remember having such a
            > hassle last time I applied for LOTW.

            If you have an existing certificate, you shouldn't have to go through
            the postcard routine again.

            Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL Mail: aa4lr@...
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 30, 2005
              At 10:24 AM 10/28/2005, Bill Coleman wrote:

              >On Oct 28, 2005, at 7:46 AM, scottpa1960 wrote:
              >
              > > Update: I received the card in the mail yesterday that had the
              > > password on it. Guess what....it didn't work! I sent them an email
              > > and awaiting a reply now. Sheesh, I didn't remember having such a
              > > hassle last time I applied for LOTW.
              >
              >If you have an existing certificate, you shouldn't have to go through
              >the postcard routine again.

              Unfortunately, that's not the case. If you let your certificate expire,
              you must go through the postcard exercise to get a new valid
              certificate. There's no reason that we couldn't have a "grace period"
              for these requests.

              There are some real usability problems with LoTW. It works for me, but
              there are people having problems that need to be fixed. Let your
              Division Director know that the League needs to support LoTW and get it
              moving.

              I'm wondering if there's anything that volunteers could do to help with
              coding - I'd be happy to help, and I know there's others as well that
              would volunteer given a chance.
              -Rick
            • Jim Miller
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 31, 2010
                I'm using TQSL v 1.12.unofficial.737 and getting the following error on Win7

                Error: Certificate QSO date out of range on line 31

                I recently received a cert from ARRL for this new computer and installed it per directions.

                Any suggestions?

                73

                jim ab3cv
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
                  At 11:03 PM 8/31/2010, Jim Miller wrote:

                  >I'm using TQSL v 1.12.unofficial.737

                  Hmm. Where did you get that version? Seems kind of old; if it's one of
                  my early releases you may have problems.
                  I'd recommend grabbing a new release from http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/
                  However, this isn't going to help fix your problem.

                  > and getting the following error on Win7
                  >
                  >Error: Certificate QSO date out of range on line 31

                  That's saying that there's a QSO on line 31 of your ADIF file that is
                  not within the valid date range of your certificate.

                  Run TQSLCert. Right click on the certificate you're using and choose
                  "Properties".
                  You'll see a pair of dates, "QSO Start Date" and "QSO End Date" -
                  anything outside of that date range is not going to be accepted.
                  Normally you set the "QSO Start Date" to be when your callsign was
                  issued, and leave the "QSO End Date" blank when you request a
                  certificate (this causes ARRL to set the end date to be the day before
                  the certificate expires.)

                  If you mistakenly set an end date on your certificate request, you'll
                  need to make another certificate request with the right start and end
                  dates, sign it with your current certificate, and upload to LoTW.
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
                    At 06:41 AM 9/1/2010, Rick Murphy/K1MU wrote:

                    >At 11:03 PM 8/31/2010, Jim Miller wrote:
                    > >

                    > >I'm using TQSL v 1.12.unofficial.737
                    >
                    >Hmm. Where did you get that version? Seems kind of old; if it's one of
                    >my early releases you may have problems.
                    >I'd recommend grabbing a new release from
                    ><http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/>http://www.rickmurphy.net/lotw/

                    OK, I shouldn't try sending e-mail before coffee.
                    I thought .777 was current, but no - Jim was running the most recent
                    build from my site already.

                    His issue apparently was caused by the end date on his certificate.
                  • mdgolfbum
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 2, 2010
                      Got a proper cert (without an end date) and just did a successful .tq8 submission.

                      Thanks!

                      jim ab3cv
                    • Tom
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 2, 2013
                        For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a TQ8 file...

                        OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
                        What am I doing wrong?
                        Tom K5IID
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 2, 2013
                          >>>AA6YQ comments below

                          For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a TQ8 file...

                          OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
                          What am I doing wrong?

                          >>>In TQSL’s Help menu, please select the About command. In the About window that appears, what is the first line of text?

                          >>>If you attach your ADIF or Cabrillo file to an email message and send it to me via

                          aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

                          Message 12 of 12 , May 3, 2013
                            At 12:57 AM 5/3/2013, Tom wrote:

                            >For some reason, I keep getting the same errors when I try to write a
                            >TQ8 file...
                            >
                            >OpenSSL error: error:0D07207B:asn1 encoding
                            >routines:ASN1_get_object:header too long on line 21
                            >What am I doing wrong?
                            >Tom K5IID

                            The most likely cause of this kind of error is that your certificate
                            has become corrupted and can't be decoded.
                            In addition to what AA6YQ suggested, if you have a .P12 backup of your
                            certificate you should try to restore that backup, which will probably
                            fix the error.

                            If you don't have a .P12, or any other backup, then you'll need to
                            request a new certificate.